Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Stunning AdC.

Comment

Terrific, Amor. The graininess reminds me of the first time I tried ISO800 Kodak colour film without knowing what to expect...

Comment

See also when I bought ASA 400 to see what it was like. I mean, not that grainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                    See also when I bought ASA 400 to see what it was like. I mean, not that grainy.
                    Yeah. If memory serves I'd rate it 1200 ASA, and then give it ages in the developer. Tri-X was very generous that way, lots of latitude. Like all wankers we really got into what different films would give you. One of my favourites back then was Adox which, IIRC, was manufactured in East Germany. They made exceptionally slow 35mm film, 40 and 80 ASA I think. It had a wonderfully sooty grain that if you up-rated it to 125 or 250 ASA looked gorgeous.

Anyway enough of the anorak-ish stuff.

Comment

Here's a notebook found in the tide on Kits Beach some time in '72. The first line is kinda of poignant, and apposite given the context.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                        Here's a notebook found in the tide on Kits Beach some time in '72. The first line is kinda of poignant, and apposite given the context.

Walt Whitman

Comment

Wasn't sure where to put this - could've gone in books, could've gone in 'Old Cars that still look tremendous' or could've gone here - but for my birthday yesterday Mrs TrL got me the superb "Cars - New York City 1974-1976" by Langdon Clay. It's a simple concept (mundane, even) but brilliantly executed - Clay photographed cars he saw parked around New York and Hoboken, always at night and just lit by street lighting. It's a thing of beauty.

Comment

JC, your photos are anything but mundane.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Walt Whitman
                              Really? Well spotted!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                JC, your photos are anything but mundane.
                                Thanks, Tim. I dunno, there's really nowhere else to put them unless they're subject relevant (Birds or Sport etc.) And TBH I felt most of them were pretty mundane when I took them.

Comment

Comment

"Rainbows" we made to put in our window. Top to bottom, mine, daughter's, son's.

Comment

What my daughter built when I challenged her to build a Duplo tower taller than herself (I then showed her how to put a tower spike on it, since she'd made such a strong base, I built it taller than me).

Comment

My husband 3D printed a coronavirus. Because he could.

Comment

This is it mid-print (you remove the support struts later).

Comment

From my last visit to an art gallery with the kids before the lockdown.

Comment

Comment

So you arrived in Canada some time in the late 19th century....

Comment

Apparently they're gone now, but the cabbies were plying a good trade with them until the beginning of this century. Mexico has — or had — many similar transportation examples. Vera Cruz was using open sided streetcars in the 1970s. They bought them from Mexico City, who in turn purchased them from Toronto sometime between the world wars, they were built around 1912 apparently.

Comment

Is that your first Car?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X