No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no expert but I do like reading about railways. The most recent one I read was excellent in its wide-ranging historical sweep of all aspects of Britain's railways:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Railways-Na.../dp/1846682096

Comment

On the way to work this morning:

Comment

Strewth. That’s quite something.

Comment

Comment

That didn't really work. The moon on an iPhone.

Comment

The sky was very purple this morning

Comment

Phwoar!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post

Uh-huh.

Comment

I'm not sure I want to know the context. It's like the start of an itv "gritty" drama.

Comment

My guesses so far are that:

1. There's something unusual in the photo, like a UFO or an albino fox, that I've yet to spot, though there does appear to be a large jellyfish floating in mid-air to the right of the lamp-post;

2. GO has a sideline as a low-rent private detective and the next photo shows the silhouette of a canoodling couple in the nearest bedroom window;

3. He's in trouble and the photo is a clue.

Comment

The rendering is quite strange, almost as if it's been put through some sort of deranged posterisation filter. Or it was taken on a phone with an extremely small sensor while running uphill.

I quite like it TBH, has a kind of grimy/painterly feel to it.

Comment

Surely that's just a cheap phone in the dark creating graininess because its pushing the limits of the sensors?

And I suspect it's GO returning the thread to genuinely mundane photography and away from all you fancy photographers who take shots that are in focus and are nicely composed. But it might be the first photograph of the alien invasion.

Comment

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 27-02-2020, 02:13.

Comment

Oh, well if we're doing genuinely mundane photos here's a poor picture that I took yesterday with the City looking a bit like a black castle of an evil king.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                    Surely that's just a cheap phone in the dark creating graininess because its pushing the limits of the sensors?
                                    Could be....Could be. But that's a very unromantic way of looking at it.

Comment

I think GO wanted to post something which, like all great art, would promote discussion. Tick.

Comment

Some zooming and cropping and it’s even more painting-y:

Comment

I've never mentioned this before but back in the day I was First Prize in a Yucatecan beauty contrast:

Comment

Comment

Trying to persuade my daughter that no, today I didn't want her to stand in front of the tree and strike a pose took some time...

Comment

Couple of weekends ago... the phone struggled to fully capture what a lovely winter sunset this was over the harbour.

Comment

Took a footpath past an industrial estate with my daughter yesterday and found a hitherto unknown seam of graffiti.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X