Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amor de Cosmos wrote: Is that because it's brighter, or because the basket is larger?
    I think it's because it's brighter and shows more of the basket (ie, larger). Which, of course, treibeis will agree with eventually.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
      Originally posted by WOM
      The second is better. And I'm not just saying that because treibeis said the other.
      Maybe not, but it was the way you said it.
      One little 'fat' joke and suddenly someone's sensitive about everything.

Comment

WOM wrote: I think it's because it's brighter and shows more of the basket (ie, larger).
        Brighter? More? Larger? Just listen to yourself. You and your mates learn those words at art school, did you?

Comment

The first one captures an air of mystery: what lies in the basket beyond, dare you look, can your soul handle the suffering and torment of peering into the depths of the unknown, what lies beyond the expanse between you and the wicker object of your desire, do you long for it, can you feel the ache at a point somewhere between your heart and your mind, does the feeling overwhelm you, do you burn to know, yet, can't bring yourself to move, frozen to the floor as though your guilty conscience knows what the basket holds, for as you must admit, even to just yourself, it holds you.

The second is just a fucking basket.

Comment

Ha! Very good. I'll put you down for number two then?

Comment

The Rabbit.

Apples in our front garden. Should be good for eating in a few weeks.

Comment

A shot of Chris Jordan bowling for Sussex against Yorkshire.

It only took five attempts to get this to show on this page. Stupid interwebs.

Comment

Ooh, some quality since I was last here... ..... Anyway.

Thanks George/Beak but the green hue has gone.

Amor - the first one (don't mean anything by it WOM, honest!)

Ian - unbelievable colour on the apples and the droplets are brilliant.

And SDR's cricket one is just absurdly good.

Comment

The reason I prefer the first of AdC's is that it evokes this sort of atmosphere:

Comment

Yeah, that's sort of what I'm looking for.

The comments really were very helpful. My own preference has always been the first one, partly for the reason treibeis noted — the shadows on the floor are more interesting. However, as WOM and others said it does need brightening a tiny bit.

Ian's apples are tasty. Not that it makes any difference, but were the droplets already there, or added?

Comment

Sits wrote: Amor - the first one (don't mean anything by it WOM, honest!)
                        You're all agin me.

Comment

Sits wrote: And SDR's cricket one is just absurdly good.
                          Thanks Sits, I'll admit to having touched this one up a little but it did come out well - much better than most of my efforts.

Comment

Whilst in the UK we visited the magnificent RHS gardens at Rosemoor. Amidst the herbaceous borders, summer resplendent, I spotted some nice bark:

and a bench quite overwhelmed by lichen:

Comment

To answer the above question, the droplets were already there. It's been raining here quite a lot this week.

Comment

My Name Is Ian wrote: To answer the above question, the droplets were already there. It's been raining here quite a lot this week.
                                do you think you'd have made the picture if the drops weren't there?

Sits: I have a thing for texture and patina too. I make lots of pix like the ones below, but I've no idea why. Few of them amount to much on their own (though occasionally one might have something else about it.)

Comment

Probably. It was only a quick snap with my phone camera, and I tend to err towards the "take photo now, worry about finer details later" school of thought. It's sucha beautiful, sunny day here today. With a little luck, I should get some pictures in at the football tomorrow.

Comment

Spring appears to be springing in Sydney. Had my first morning walk in three and a half weeks, and realised (before I saw them) that freesias have come out in many lawns and verges. A really beautiful smell, and they look OK too:

Comment

Loving the texture photos, chaps.

Here's the Merseyside sunset from TrL Towers about an hour ago.

Comment

"Wot I did on the Bank Holiday Weekend" - by Wiblflibl (aged 55¾)

Group shot:

Comment

Bloody hell wibiflibi. You made all those?

Comment

A co-production with Mrs Flibl.

There should have been chilli ketchup and sweet chilli sauce but our bottle order hasn't arrived yet.

Comment

Feet on a plane:

Comment

Over the weekend 60kmp winds, and as much rain as we've had since March, has left us wondering whether autumn's arrived early:

Comment

That's wonderfully evocative AdC.

Now trawling the holiday snaps. and revisited Lydford church (the one with the ancient font). With recent thread emphasis on textures in mind, it's quite fruitful.

Church and churchyard (featuring an old mill wheel):

u

And the Norman jail ("Castle") next door:

Comment

Actually I've just noticed a tell-tale hint of "Sits Thumb Smudge" top right of the last of those. Can I be arsed to find another version?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X