• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These waterfalls were actually blowing upwards

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        Dublin polluted sky sunset looking braw tonight.
        Isn't the bright red sunset an indication of clear and unpolluted skies?

(The purple, green, and ochre sunset skies from the east of Dormanstown on the other hand...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          The noo.
          Hoots Mon
          There's a moose, loose, aboot this hoose.

(And if any one of you chose to diss Cherry Wainer, this will be the hardest stare of all)

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Isn't the bright red sunset an indication of clear and unpolluted skies?

(The purple, green, and ochre sunset skies from the east of Dormanstown on the other hand...)
            Right so, guess the car pollution doesn't affect the sky and the lack of industry means we get fine "natural" sunsets. I shudder to imagine the sky around Boro.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

Right so, guess the car pollution doesn't affect the sky and the lack of industry means we get fine "natural" sunsets. I shudder to imagine the sky around Boro.
              I take it you don't know either?

Comment

Either what?

Comment

Angel Place, Sydney. Each cage emits the call of an Australian bird, with the bird’s name on a brass plaque set into the street below. Not as naff as it may sound, and just round the corner from my office.

Last edited by Sits; 09-11-2019, 04:52.

Comment

That's pretty cool! I bet it sounds even better than it looks.

Comment

But are we glorifying the captivity of creatures who should be free?

/pearl clutching PC gone mad

Comment

Ha yes I suppose that’s a point. They’re not too loud so somehow don’t seem to jar with one another.

“Jar” definitely looks wrong there. If something is jarring it doesn’t just jar does it? Does it jarr?

Comment

I think that's very good but I am a bit surprised that the concentration level doesn't just produce a bit of a cacophony.

Comment

Canada was looking very, very cold yesterday.

Comment

Ooh lovely pic SB. Do you know whereabouts that is?

Comment

I don't know exactly. Our route in took us on a path roughly over (maybe slightly east of) Moose Jaw and Assiniboia, so probably somewhere around there. Certainly Saskatchewan.

Comment

Lovely, I always enjoy flying over remote, desolate spots (I know they’re not all, but they sound it). Crossing Australia diagonally from north west WA is a bit like that. But warmer.

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                  Moose Jaw
                                  treibeis to thread.

Comment

You and me both - I love staring out of the window at desolation. Canada can get a bit boring after a while: there's often very little change: it's flat with a million interchangable lakes as you come over the hundreds of miles from the coast of Hudson Bay to the US border. It's exciting when it changes to farmland, or even when you see the first single cut in the trees (presumably for power lines or a firebreak). Nobody else seems to enjoy it - so even on a long day flight like yesterday's they'll all shut their windows to try and sleep and I'll feel guilty about keeping mine open because I'm the only one flooding the cabin with light.

Comment

All of the above, for the brown of Australia, i.e. all of it beyond the coastal hinterlands.

The first time I ever flew here, I must have spent at least two hours just staring at brown/red desert, with the occasional arrow-straight road or range of hills. Looks beautiful and would probably be horrendous to be dropped into after the novelty wore off.

Comment

Not dropped literally.

Comment

Although that, too, would probably be horrendous.

Comment

My moon shots rarely come out in focus (and yes, I do own a tripod--it's around here somewhere, maybe in the closet, idk), but this one is halfway decent. I don't know what you call this moon, Waxing Bulbous? Waning Beelzebub? Whatever it is, I thought it was cool looking.

Comment

Inner City Blues earworm

Comment

I was thinking Escape From New York.

Comment

I found this spectacularly seasonally confused tableau on my walk earlier. We have a skeleton, dressed as an elf, deep frying a turkey, while sat next to another - unsurprisingly unhappy looking - turkey. Who has himself been dressed up in a puritan outfit.*

* Which is surely the meanest of all humiliations: We're going to dress you up as the person who famously killed and ate you!

Comment

That's fantastic and quite possibly a future Turner Prize-winner.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X