No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting a camel wearing sunglasses from Amor's photo, though without a cigarette hanging out of its mouth.

Comment

That’s really good. I like being able to see the 3D-ness.

Comment

Beautiful, AdC.

Comment

These are the new tall buildings whose lights shine through my curtains at night.

Comment

Will someone please try using this link and let me know if it allows you to zoom in?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ijCuYird345BD3QTA

Comment

Yep, I could zoom in there. I don't like these new skinny scrapers.

Comment

I don't either. They're messing up the aesthetic of the NY skyline.There's no symmetry to them, they're just a mess.

Comment

I'm guessing it's developer/oligarch money launderer driven, having a tiny so cheap footprint at ground level. Hopefully most will be demolished in the next 30 years.

Comment

The penthouse in one of them just sold for USD 235 million to a hedgie, a new record for a residence in the US.

Comment

They have no style--they're just long skinny boxes. And the one in the middle has a big light up on the top of it that looks like the Eye of Sauron. Ugly.

Comment

Comment

Above: The best thing that happened to me in 2018: my wife bringing this girl home to live with us.

Comment

Oh my gosh, what a cute face!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              The penthouse in one of them just sold for USD 235 million to a hedgie, a new record for a residence in the US.
                              "A spokeswoman for Griffin confirmed the purchase to the newspaper, saying that the Citadel hedge-fund manager needed a place to stay when he was in New York for business."

Comment

Lovely cat SD, and FF that's a brilliant shot but I'm with the collective on the skinny skyscrapers. They look photoshopped on. "And here's an artist's impression of Manhattan in 2025".

Comment

Nice cat. But like with all cats, the look says "Do not fuck with me".

Comment

Comment

Nicely framed, Sits.

Some of mine, not all recent.

Plaque on the dock wall in Liverpool remembering the great famine, 150 years on.

Statue of Billy Fury on the banks of the Mersey

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X