Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Slits.Can i just say? even at it's most basic i've found very little to be mundane in here.I suppose it depends on ones outlook! I'm going to try harder to adhere to the mundane.

Comment

Damn. Just noticed my fruit juice/laneway picture is on its side in Chrome. On my iPad it's the right way up.

How does it look to others? Hopefully not upside down at least.

Comment

Sits wrote: Damn. Just noticed my fruit juice/laneway picture is on its side in Chrome. On my iPad it's the right way up.

How does it look to others? Hopefully not upside down at least.
        On its side. I was going to make a Down Under joke, but it seemed too labored to me.

This is in Firefox, on a Windows machine.

Comment

After my upside-down horseman a while back, I think the moral for me is, don't post pictures in Portrait off the iPhone.

Comment

A balloon. Honest. But ignore that, oh what a beautiful morning.

Comment

That could be a shot from Tuscany or Provence, from the roof tiles and sky.

Comment

St Valentines Day Massacre by Stevie, on Flickr

Oh Mundane Up Yours by Stevie, on Flickr

Comment

L1040184 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040173 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040133 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040105 by Stevie, on Flickr

Survivors by Stevie, on Flickr

Comment

Spent an hour or so yesterday wandering the Downtown Eastside looking at vernacular or intentional artwork.

I've got this little project going where I'm trying to match 20th century art movements to street stuff. Here graffiti removal stands in for Post-Painterly Abstraction:

Comment

Excellent Ade C.

L1030930 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040088 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040062 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040021 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040014 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040057 by Stevie, on Flickr

Comment

Continuing the occasional "views from hotel windows" series, I'm in Dubai this week. Rare to get a view here that's (a) relatively haze-free and (b) doesn't have any high-rises in it.

Comment

Sits. Very blue. (haze-free?)

HND: I have only recently realised that your pictures are mostly from Glasgow, my old hometown.

Comment

gérontophile wrote: Sits. Very blue. (haze-free?)
                            Yes I did opt for a large chunk of sky. Mind you, nine hours later it turns out some of it is Creek. Looks a little different into the sun:

Comment

One Giant Leap by Stevie, on Flickr

Pompadour by Stevie, on Flickr

One Careless Owner by Stevie, on Flickr

Feed by Stevie, on Flickr

Dirty Harry by Stevie, on Flickr

Comment

"Dirty Harry" is excellent. Is that someone specifically holding the toilet door open?

Comment

Just massive good luck G ,right place,right time.

Comment

HnD: Just curious, do you post your pix chronologically, or are they selected from your back-catalogue — so to speak?

Comment

A de C,id be more prolific with new shots but work at the moment is hectic so the camera sadly is taking a back seat.I enjoy this thread immensely so I just dip into my collection and post .If that goes against the spirit of the thread then I,ll stop.

Comment

Oh no HnD, please don't stop. As mentioned before, this thread is in a delicious tension between the excellence of most posters, and the mundane chaff of those such as me. On which subject, here's Version 3 - dawn today. Don't worry I'm checking out tomorrow!

Comment

This really is a strange, soulless, oppressive place. It just doesn't feel real. I was very bothered by the perspective on this one and thought it wasn't square, then realised the furthest of the buildings in the foreground (the one which looks like it's got a giant ladder leaning on it) is built all skew-wiff. They like that sort of thing here. The one closer still isn't even finished:

Comment

I've just noticed (and didn't when I took it) that the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building) has snuck in. It's between the two with slopy tops facing each other on the left hand side, poking up in the distance alongside the one to the left of the pair. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Heatwaving Not Drowning wrote: A de C,id be more prolific with new shots but work at the moment is hectic so the camera sadly is taking a back seat.I enjoy this thread immensely so I just dip into my collection and post .If that goes against the spirit of the thread then I,ll stop.
                                              No, I didn't mean to imply that you should do that at all. I was genuinely curious as the quality of your work is so high. If it was done in "real-time" it'd be amazing.

Comment

Flew back from Dubai via Singapore, as it's cheaper, only a couple of hours longer and breaks up the fourteen hour slog. The Dubai-Sing leg was a night flight and they asked us to open the blinds before landing. I'm glad they did.

Sunsets (or in this case sunrises) are nothing new, and neither are shots out of plane windows. But this had quite an impact in a dark cabin, and I love the clouds below as well as above. Plus seeing what I assume are thunderheads in the first shot. This is the equator after all.

Comment

Comment

L1040350 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040375 by Stevie, on Flickr

L1040322 by Stevie, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                                    X