Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s pretty impressive.

Comment

Loving the snow pics. I miss snow (when it has just snowed properly, not the slushy aftermath).

Comment

Quite the sunrise this morning.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Walthamstow's sailors and shepherds must be shitting themselves.

Comment

Me and the mutt freezing our knackers off on Manobier beach yesterday: our 1st full day down in West Wales. Think we broke some local covid law driving 5 mins to the beach, mind, so don’t grass us up to local plod.

Comment

Manobier Castle ruins.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                  So, this is obviously zoomed and cropped and suffering some distortion through the atmosphere, but that's the view from my back garden of the Main Stand at Anfield, which is something like 10 or 11 miles away. Haven't figured out where the tower block in front of it is located, possibly somewhere in Bootle? I know it's not the infamous Bootle Triad office building because that's out of shot to the right.

I take it that’s the church steeple at Little Crosby next to where my two sisters live?

Comment

A Wintry walk down at the Calder Glen.

Comment

Some beautiful pictures on here, gang.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Taken while I was home just after Christmas - looking down the footpath from Moel Famau towards Rhuthun

Comment

And a view of a different mountain - Kilimanjaro, taken on one of my recent bike rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post

Taken while I was home just after Christmas - looking down the footpath from Moel Famau towards Rhuthun
                                Fantastic.

Comment

It's Farsang weekend, which is the local version of carnival. The culmination is a funeral ceremony for the farsang* when there is some form of topical theme (no surprises to guess what this year's theme was). Normally this is one village hosting all the villages of the county, but this year every village was seperate though as you can see there isn't much social distancing or mask wearing

(farsang is actually the period between new year and the beginning of lent. It's traditionally a time of partying and excess - there's still food stored and there's no work to be done in the fields)

Comment

And a very short video

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post

I take it that’s the church steeple at Little Crosby next to where my two sisters live?
                                        I was about say 'yes' when I realised it couldn't be, as there's no way there could be a row of houses between me and there. After a bit of google mapping I reckon it's St.Luke's in Crosby village.

Comment

Ah right. I thought it was that small enclave of houses at the double bend.

Comment

Comment

San Bernardhinault that’s beautiful, where is it?

Comment

Sits I’m back in San Diego this week. That’s the view from Sunset Cliffs (how did it get that name? I don’t know...) using the wide angle on my newish iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                  Sits I’m back in San Diego this week. That’s the view from Sunset Cliffs (how did it get that name? I don’t know...) using the wide angle on my newish iPhone.
                                                  Thanks SB, if I paid attention I’d have remembered you were back there. I was imagining a sunrise at Cape Cod or similar.

Comment

Here’s an ocotillo from out in the desert today. It might be my favourite cactus.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X