No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my daughter found daffodils blooming today, on January 1st. I think that's the earliest I've ever seen them.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Frozen natterjack toad breeding ponds in the dunes by our village.

Comment

It's not 4pm yet, but the moisture on our conservatory roof is beginning to freeze.

Comment

Comment

Mordor looking snowy.

Comment

Down at the dog beach an hour ago. Smoke is from bush fires to the north. Pic by Danni.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      Are they the Mourne mountains?

Comment

Aye, photo doesn't do it justice, but they were so clear yesterday.

Comment

First time I ever went to Boston for work I was put up in this ugly mock timbered hotel on a major road outside the city. I was working in Framingham and the hotel was next to a Bose HQ, if that gives any geographical clues. Saw a chipmunk in the grounds.

Anyway adjoining the hotel was this horrendous eatery called Molly Malone’s Irish Pub, and one of their signature “dishes” was called the Mountains of Mourne Sandwich.

Comment

The infamous Sheraton Tara

Comment

Yes!

Is it still there?

See this is the great thing about OTF (and ursus tbh). I posted that after sitting down to breakfast, and have the answer before I even get up from the kitchen bench.

Comment

Was up for auction last month.

Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, which sits on Route 9 just off the Mass.Pike, is slated to be auctioned on Dec. 15. | realestate.boston.com

Comment

Foreclosed on and sold at auction in December

https://www.metrowestdailynews.com/s...el/3901916001/

It has a sibling in Parsippany, New Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                    Yes!

Is it still there?

See this is the great thing about OTF (and ursus tbh). I posted that after sitting down to breakfast, and have the answer before I even get up from the kitchen bench.
                                    That's ursus arctos for you, he'll never let you down.*

*Actually his team of researchers won't. Winky thing.

Comment

Comment

Lovely, AE

That view has changed so much since I first saw it in the late 70s

Comment

The Tara really was infamous

Nothing really looked like that on that scale, and it was hard to miss if one was driving between New York and Boston, which is a very well travelled route

One of my friends at uni had her prom there

Comment

I had forgotten about the Tara. I think I went there with someone from work once, but it's just a very vague memory now. I think it may have been one of those events where they sell hotel paintings, but they also served drinks and hors d'oeuvres? That would have been sometime in the late '80s or early '90s.

Comment

We didn’t meet then. I stayed there in 95.

In 97 I went for two weeks and went up in the world, Marriott Long Wharf.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                                I think it may have been one of those events where they sell hotel paintings, but they also served drinks and hors d'oeuvres?
                                                This is almost too perfect to be true.

Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Lovely, AE

That view has changed so much since I first saw it in the late 70s
                                                  Thank you. It's my stock photo as it's only ten minutes from my house.

I've mentioned that it's also changed so much in the time we've been living here, at least after dark the buildings light up and give some character, in the day it's just a mass of skyscrapers.

Comment

Heading out of the village to pick up a stepladder from Screwfix this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X