Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    Those are mostly residential rather than business blocks, or has that changed? Perfect for future slumlords/vulture capitalists.
    All residential and all Chinese money.

Comment

That whole Build to Rent scam was just kicking off in Glasgow as Covid struck. I think I'd rather gapsites in Tradeston than the "luxury apartments" they want to throw up.

Comment

I'd rather have the Crescent back in Hulme. Though admittedly I only ever experienced it as an outsider.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
          Sporting it's awful. Mrs H's mother has an African Grey (I think that's what your pic is too?) and I/we really struggle to strike a balance between making sure my kids know that it's wrong while not making them think badly of Grandma who is certainly young enough to know better and she's a bloody bird spotter too!
          No idea about the kind of parrot. I agree with all your post though I suppose to free the bird now would be cruel in itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
            Is double parking a thing where you are? Very common here and mostly ignored by the police because most drivers leave the handbrake off so people whose cars are blocked in can push them gently forwards to make room to manoeuvre away.
            I'm guessing not much in the way of hills where you are, then?

Comment

Yeah, it'd be mobbed to within an inch of life, most likely by corvids.

Sits edit

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post

I'm guessing not much in the way of hills where you are, then?
                Nope.

Comment

I've taken to going for a bike ride on Fridays, the main aim being an attempt to keep one step ahead of a persistent, nagging anxiety. My secondary aim yesterday was to find the Etihad Stadium's photogenic side. I failed. Here though are some reflections on the Rochdale and Ashton Canals.

Comment

Artificial Hipster those are fantastic, especially the first one. Stay well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      Artificial Hipster those are fantastic, especially the first one. Stay well.
                      Thanks, it's partly a work thing but having never experienced anything like it before it seems almost bizarre at 53 to start waking up most mornings with something so physical in the pit of my stomach.

This isn't the thread so though for some perspective here's a picture I took for my daughter who's currently trying to introduce that concept to her own drawings. George Leigh, for whom this street is named owned much of the land on which Ancoats, the world's first industrial suburb, was built. The more famous Anita Street is next door. Sanitary Street was the first council-built housing in Manchester to have indoor loos and running water. Residents in the 60's decided they didn't like the name and successfully advocated for the 'S', the 'r' and the 'y' to be removed. The whole area is thoroughly gentrified now.

Comment

The following photos are all from this book:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yesterday some of us visited Randwick racecourse to assess it as a potential event venue. I am completely opposed to horse racing. But this was still a mightily impressive outlook.

Comment

The view from Microsoft's Dublin HQ over Leopardstown racecourse is quite something as well. Would still like to see the damn place strafed, with all the "punters", chinless fuckers in hats, trainers owners and weirdo jockeys inside. I'd let the horses out first tho.

Comment

That is nice, Sits Like you I have no interest in horse racing but I'm surrounded by courses, some of which are gloriously situated. I also think that the grandstands are wonderfully beautiful structures.

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 20-11-2020, 12:08.

Comment

Nocturnal Submission yes that’s a nice old structure and a lovely setting; incidentally I had to click through to see it, but maybe that’s just me.

Comment

NS has pictures in his posts today?

Comment

No, I think that Sits was referring to his post with Randwick in it.

Comment

Boy, I'm really picking up the wrong end of the stick all over today.

Comment

Don't worry about it. When I read Sits' response I went back and checked my own post! I'd tried to insert a photo but without any success but for a second I doubted myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                That is nice, Sits Like you I have no interest in horse racing but I'm surrounded by courses, some of which are gloriously situated. I also think that the grandstands are wonderfully beautiful structures.

This was the post I meant. I clicked through and there was a pic of Epsom Downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

This was the post I meant. I clicked through and there was a pic of Epsom Downs.

Sorry, Sits. You can see a photo of Epsom Downs in my post? I don't. I did try to add one but unsuccessfully, I thought. But you're seeing a picture?

Comment

https://twitter.com/ColmFelix/status/1330184778352644102

Comment

Working...
                                                    X