Clear All

Comment

Gorgeous

Comment

Wrong photo.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Canary Wharf/Docklands has really developed a skyline.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                Canary Wharf/Docklands has really developed a skyline.
                There are 3 or 4 massive developments going up there that dwarf the old ones. I've not been by on the DLR for ages but it seemed like they were tearing down some small blocks to put up these monsters.

The photo is from just to the left of Deptford Creek, I think if you walk down the Thames towards the O2 you can see even more, especially around North Greenwich.

Comment

I would think that the combination of Brexit and the changes in work patterns coming out of the pandemic would be rather disastrous for the economics of such developments

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    I would think that the combination of Brexit and the changes in work patterns coming out of the pandemic would be rather disastrous for the economics of such developments
                    You would have thought so. However the money has to be laundered somewhere so these could be golden boxes as well.

Comment

Some of the Eucalyptus trees flower in a fairly nondescript way, but others make up for it.

Comment

That's beautiful. I'm not quite envious while our 'last wild blaze' of sunny weather is with us, but I I'm sure I will be in a few days time, when real November returns.

Comment

Thanks. It’s actually quite a cool, wet early summer in Sydney. I believe we may be experiencing La Nina. If that accent is right, and worked.

Edit: it didn’t. So we are now experiemcing plain old La Nina.

Comment

If I scroll Sits's post to the right place on my screen, there's a tiny shred of tobacco that works as a tilde on the "n"

Comment

You’ve done my work for me.

Comment

Moody skies out the back of TrL Towers this afternoon. On the right you can also see my Snow gum tree, not quite as big as the ones in Sits's pic but it's only been in there about 15 years and they don't grow anything like as fast as the more common eucalyptus gunnii.

Comment

That’s decent for northern England TrL, looks healthy. Nice pic.

Comment

Cheers. It likes the sandy soil but it's less fond of the strong wind straight off the sea - should really have had it staked when it was more slender cos I think it's too big to pull straight now (without the aid of a winch).

Comment

They have to handle very high winds here so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe use a really solid stake (cast iron or something) tie it. then gradually tighten the binding (jute?) over the years so it slowly corrects.

The massive Blackbutt gum in our garden leans right towards the house because it was originally planted as one of a pair. Needless to say we have an (ex-RHS Bisley) arborist take care of it on a regular basis.

Comment

Nice work peeps.

Comment

Here is a parrot in a cage. Very serene, almost noble. But isn't the whole idea of birds in cages somewhat cruel? Don't they suffer from boredom and stress?

Comment

Is double parking a thing where you are? Very common here and mostly ignored by the police because most drivers leave the handbrake off so people whose cars are blocked in can push them gently forwards to make room to manoeuvre away.

Comment

Comment

Way too much zoom but hopefully the colours and composition make it worth posting.

Viewed from the city itself Manchester's skyline gets uglier by the day, a situation made worse by the fact the sole function of each new blot on the landscape is to act as a conduit for leaching money to China. It still looks pretty good from a safe distance though.

Comment

Those are mostly residential rather than business blocks, or has that changed? Perfect for future slumlords/vulture capitalists.

Comment

Sporting it's awful. Mrs H's mother has an African Grey (I think that's what your pic is too?) and I/we really struggle to strike a balance between making sure my kids know that it's wrong while not making them think badly of Grandma who is certainly young enough to know better and she's a bloody bird spotter too!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X