X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post
    Had a decent little dump here but it will melt away fast this afternoon I suspect...

Sounds like you need a lot more fibre in your diet.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    The good lady wife is halfway across the Atlantic heading to Boston right now. I hope the snow is mild enough to let her land.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Had a decent little dump here but it will melt away fast this afternoon I suspect...

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    First accumulation of more than an inch of snow in Central Park in 701 days.

Currently 1.3 inches with intermittent squalls.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Flanagans Dog
    replied
    The snow is moving through the gears here from an overnight "dusting" to a comprehensive "covering", and it's still coming down, although the temperature is forecast to rise slightly this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Muukalainen
    replied
    Our high today is -23C.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    High of 23º today, low of 14º.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Went down to - 4.1C here an hour or so ago. No wind, though, so I didn't bother putting on a coat when I put the bins out.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    We had snow for about 47 seconds earlier - it is just, just holding up above freezing here by the bare minimum.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    We're just coming out of a cold snap which bottomed out at -18C. Balmy for most of Canada but extreme for these parts. It hit just after I'd picked up La Signora ad her daughter from YVR last Thursday. Sod's Law made sure we hit afternoon rush hour making a trip that is normally 30 minutes or so last getting on for four hours. The control board for our furnace then decided it was a good time to turn up its toes, so we had no central heating. Wonderful fun.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Been a gorgeous day today, such a shame I had to waste it at work...I went outside a lot, the sun was lovely

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Not particularly exceptional to many of you, I know, but it's already down to -1.9C in the London exurbs with the sun only just down.

I'll be interested to see where we are in a few hours time.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Off to the Lakes tomorrow for a hike, should be a sunny and bright day but the temperature and wind forecast means my route is going to avoid climbing to high or on exposed ridges, it will be perishing up there...

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Mrs. NS is happy - her Canadian spirit is lifted whenever snows falls and she's just been out in it even though what's falling from the sky doesn't even qualify as a flurry.

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    It looks like we are forecast sunny days and frosty nights, with a gentle Easterly breeze, for the next week down in Pembs. Will be a relief from the persistent deluge, pervading mild dampness and strong Westerlies we’ve had most days the last couple of months, and hopefully the sodden ground will dry out a bit.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Taken across the street from our flat

https://twitter.com/nycparks/status/1743742595744891320?s=12&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    I should have gone on a choir trip to Haverhill MA as a young teenager but I was too afraid of flying at the time. It didn't occur to my parents to try and do anything about my phobia. I got myself out of it about five years later.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Why is there an aspidistra wearing a tartan hat and the visor off a suit of armour?

Cameron Carter to thread.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    It is, in theory, it's a slipper and a "congress boot", and in between is an arm with a shoemaker's hammer.

Haverhill, MA is famous for it's history of being cobblers.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    "You're in Wales now, you're definitely in Wales... despite a fair few of the locals sounding like Scousers."

Was the third dragon strictly necessary?

Why is there an aspidistra wearing a tartan hat and the visor off a suit of armour?

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    My old local Haverhill's crest looked like this. It's about twice as far from my old local Cambridge as Balders's one is from her Cambridge.

The crest is busy, and bits of it look like they were drawn by Balders's son.

Is that a severed arm in-between the shoe and the severed foot?

If so, it's more likely something my daughter would draw. She's spent quite a lot of this Christmas holiday period making stop motion animation videos about duelling Lego characters who cut off each others' heads. One of them has the capacity to reconstitute himself (like a sponge after it's been through a blender).

She asked me how it would be possible to defeat someone if they were so invincible that they could put all their limbs back together after you chopped them off. My suggestion of "seal all the individual pieces in jars and put them in separate prisons" was apparently acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    "You're in Wales now, you're definitely in Wales... despite a fair few of the locals sounding like Scousers."

Was the third dragon strictly necessary?

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    My old local Haverhill's crest looked like this. It's about twice as far from my old local Cambridge as Balders's one is from her Cambridge.

The crest is busy, and bits of it look like they were drawn by Balders's son.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Ad Hoc's crest begs a lot of questions. Does the lion represent one of Transylvania's famous local impalers who accidentally impaled himself and thus saved the town?

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    It's also no longer applicable to QPFC as they went semi-pro four years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X