• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MsD View Post

Underrated post.
    It's a corker isn't it?

Comment

https://twitter.com/nwsnewyorkny/status/1281351387264110592

Comment

It’s going to make Saturday in New England interesting.

Comment

You will be glad that you don't have a flat roof

Comment

Last night’s hurricane was pretty underwhelming over here. Did you guys further wesr survive?

Comment

Lots of rain, episodic gusts of wind, incredibly heavy air, nothing too dramatic

Another wave is expected this afternoon

Comment

It's here now. That first clap of thunder made me jump. Teddy seems OK with it, which is all that matters really.

Comment

I just hope we don't lose power. I'm still rather shell-shocked from Sandy (out for about ten days). It's one thing to have it happen in October, but it would definitely suck in July. I call it PSEGTSD.

Comment

It’s not here at all, but I am not conditioned to this climate. The humidity is killing me and the AC in the new house seems desperately underpowered

Comment

You are going to miserable for at least another six to eight weeks

Comment

Why do people live here and have jobs here? Why don’t they move the businesses and jobs somewhere that doesn’t only have one nice season?

Comment

Rarely has one's national heritage been denied as conclusively and cavalierly

Comment

It so happens that we are in the midst of another deluge, though I can already see it clearing on FF's side of the river

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              Rarely has one's national heritage been denied as conclusively and cavalierly
                              We invaded and enslaved half the planet in order to get away from our weather.

Comment

And look where you went.

The Spaniards had better weather to start with and were much more skillful in their climatological choices.

Comment

https://twitter.com/weatheroptics/status/1285230238486716417

Comment

Impressive summer thunderstorm with at least half a dozen nearby lightning strikes.

Very much needed, but no fun at all if one is outside.

Comment

Teddy wasn't impressed.

Comment

More TS action tonight, apparently. Can't wait!

Comment

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/1288556060287082496

Comment

That is terrifying. Those poor sods in Baghdad - surely this must be causing lots of deaths from heatstroke. There have been thousands of extra deaths in cases where temperatures (e.g in southern Europe) have hit the mid 40s C never mind 50. Any ambient temperature over body temperature is scary really, unless it's a very small excess and combined with low humidity, but an excess that high is lethal no matter how low the humidity is, surely?

Comment

It's not exactly Kuwait levels, but it's supposed to reach 34 degrees in London this afternoon. Very glad I got my AC fixed yesterday.

Comment

The hot water comes out of our taps at about 50 degrees C. Fucking hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                                  It's not exactly Kuwait levels, but it's supposed to reach 34 degrees in London this afternoon. Very glad I got my AC fixed yesterday.
                                                  Do you have actually proper full-on AC at home?

Comment

Depends on what you mean by full-on, but yes, it's a proper AC unit. This place is a massive heat trap and it's intolerable in the summer, especially if there's no wind blowing. Only have it in one room though. I bought a portable one as well for the bedroom last year, but I haven't used it much this year. It's the flipside of never having to turn the heating on in winter.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X