Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And down it pours.

Comment

Just had a belter here, but now it's sunny again.

Comment

Pissing it down in Pinner...

Comment

That was quite nice. Needs to be colder though, so I can wear waterproofs without getting hot.

Comment

https://twitter.com/bhensonweather/status/1179086831360466947

Comment

Over in Hertford, we assembled by the front door to watch the torrents turn the pavement into a river. Every time a car drove past water lapped over the doorstep.

I've worked there eight years now and never seen it flash flood like that.

It's just not cricket!

Comment

It was hot here yesterday: 35°.

Comment

It's a gorgeous day today in my neck of the woods with literally not a cloud in the sky.

According to last night's weather forecast Lorenzo will miss Great Britain but it looks like the west coast of Ireland might cop for some bad weather, so TAB will need to lash down the patio furniture.
                  Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 02-10-2019, 10:04.

Comment

It was flooded under the railway bridge in Pinner yesterday at going-home time. A number of cars were stuck. As I was trying to wade past, a car drove through and I got swamped, so I ran after the car and banged on the window and shouted at the driver, who looked terrified. The policeman who was trying to organise the traffic watched me, so I told him why I'd done it. He understood, he'd just been swamped too...

Comment

https://twitter.com/NY1weather/status/1179155297706881024

Comment

Positively Hobbesian

Comment

Getting stormy on Ireland's west coast, police in Galway have better things to do than stop the hordes of pricks who insist on swimming, the cunts get warned every time, and every time they turn up.

Comment

Atrocious weather in Norfolk today. Heavy rain since the early hours of the morning have left some roads closed and the rail line near my parents house flooded.

Nevertheless they insanely decided (despite my protests) that it was suitable conditions to go for a drive, have a coffee, and meet the rest of the family. Relieved we are all back safely, but it was (and still is) pretty grim out there.

Comment

Now the Cromer train line has been closed because of a landslip, although things are generally getting back to normal. Just shy of a months rainfall in one day across the county.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Positively Hobbesian
                                They're not wrong, though.

Comment

Some stats.: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49753680

Comment

I must say, I'm looking forward to the release of this month's rainfall figure in a few days time. There's going to be some impressive numbers in there. It's beginning to feel like I'm living in the never-ending heavy rainfall-soaked Venus of the The Illustrated Man.

Comment

The river Taff was incredibly high today.

My brother's workplace on the banks of the Severn is shut and on flood alert with an expected peak 20cm above the 'flood defense level'.

Comment

TBH, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a lot more flooding than we have done so far this autumn. I presume that the ground is soaking a lot of the rainfall up but there must be quite a few areas that are close to saturation point now,

Comment

We had freakish (80-100 kph) winds last night, and relatively recently planted trees in Riverside South didn't do well.

Comment

Christ

Comment

Those are some pretty ugly blocks in the distance as well. For what looks like Glasgow Corpo/Plattenblau flats reclad, I'm sure they're a bit pricey.

Comment

It's been raining hard in South Yorkshire since about 3am and is forecast to keep doing so for some hours yet. The ground is already sodden from all the rain we've had this last month and a half, the rivers are rapidly rising and there's transport disruption across much of Sheffield - the council have warned this is a "full blown incident". This is the most significant rainfall we've had since the great flood of 2007 and this will be a major test of all the investment that was put into defences following that.

Comment

Someone posted pictures of flooding in Whiston on the Rotherham Past And Present page on Facebook.

Comment

Yeah, there was a shot from Whiston on the BBC weather at half six. Not seen the area flood that quickly for some time. The Don has also burst its banks down near Retail World. Meadowhall was meant to be turning on their Christmas lights tonight (!) and announced all afternoon they were going to plough on with the event, then cancelled it at 5pm with the river rising dramatically. The roads round are flooded or still totally gridlocked and there's a load of people trapped in the building as result. And it's still raining hard.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X