Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a drop of rain in Pinner...

Comment

Has been 37 here now down to 36. Went to collect a parcel from upstairs and nearly burnt my hand on the doorknob.

Comment

Thundery rain in Liverpool now, hasn't got noticeably cooler but a welcome breeze has sprung up so that's bringing some relief to this aircon-free office.

Comment

38.1 in Cambridge...

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
            Thundery rain in Liverpool now, hasn't got noticeably cooler but a welcome breeze has sprung up so that's bringing some relief to this aircon-free office.
            Thank fuck....glad i got a brolly with me!

Comment

Absolutely torrential in Southport

Comment

It's stopped now

Comment

42.6 in Paris, pulverising the previous record of 40.4 set in 1947 (the only other time a temperature of 40 or more has been recorded there since 1873)

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
                    38.1 in Cambridge...
                    Peak in Royston of 39.0C dead, but not a validated measurement.

Comment

Thameslink was cancelled for non-heat related reasons so had to take the no-ventilation South Eastern all the way to New Cross and walk home from there. I am soaked in sweat, but at least I now have aircon and ice cream.

Comment

That Paris record is nicely timed for the very recent news about right wing MPs (Le Pen's mob and mainstream conservatives) boycotting Greta T's address. Hopefully it will make more French voters despise them for the climate denialist scum that they are.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                          You all have my sympathies. 39C in Britain will not be like 39C in a place that has dry air. And is not like 39C in a place that's used to hot weather and therefore has decent air-con, or houses and a culture built to deal with serious heat. It'll be miserable in a way that 39C is not miserable here.
                          It got up to 29C around here and that was more than miserable enough. At least for me... there are people out there in Wrexham town centre right now wearing coats. COATS! The phrase "death wish" comes to mind.

The changeable conditions have also really fucked with the power lines - we've had two cuts in the last hour.

Comment

Very overcast here and very muggy. It's 33.8C outside and 31.15C inside. Plus we have another Flying Ants Day it seems so I've had to close the patio door.
                            Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 25-07-2019, 16:20.

Comment

My train is rather hot but hopefully we are heading into a thunderstorm. Pondering if a bike ride is the best option. Off tomorrow so no need to conserve energy!

Comment

Just had a two minute downpour with thunder and lightening in the very distant north of us. It's stopped and now there's no noticeable difference in the temperature.

At abour 2 we had very short shower.

I'm wondering when the weather is going to break.

Comment

Tomorrow, supposedly. Somewhat bizarrely, the Met has it cooler at 2pm tomorrow than at 2am tonight.

Comment

Our forecast is "to start raining around five tomorrow and not stop until early Monday morning"

Ranging from light drizzle to heavy showers.

Apparently.

(Sheffield.)

Comment

I hope we get some rain. Not too extreme - extreme weather kills. But some.

Comment

Thunder, lightning and a brief but intense downpour here at around 6pm. The arena at Kendal Calling got evacuated around the same time. Daughter heads there tomorrow but it looks like it will be calm then.

Sky is currently a strange pink-grey, more stormy weather about to break I reckon.

I could have travelled for a meeting today but opted to dial in, thankfully. Also glad I'm not relying on a train out of Euston tonight, it looks like hell.

Comment

Drove slightly over 500km today. Worst timing ever, but it had to be this day. We drove right past the German town setting today's new nationwide temperature record.

I really should have spent the money to have my car's airconditioning repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                            Drove slightly over 500km today. Worst timing ever, but it had to be this day. We drove right past the German town setting today's new nationwide temperature record.

I really should have spent the money to have my car's airconditioning repaired.
                                            After holding out for a year, I got mine done a couple of weeks ago and this week have been glad I did.

Comment

Very pleasant 28C in Glasgow today. The cycle to work (c8 miles) along the canal was ideal. Just sayin', like. The journey home was a wee bit warm - the last mile or so is seriously uphill so I was rather sweaty by the time I got home.....

Comment

Last North Surrey weather report - it's currently 23.4C outside my house and 30C inside!

Toasty.

Comment

Weather's changed.

Comment

Indeed. It is literally 20C cooler than it was yesterday. I thought it was only Texas that did that kind of variation.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X