No announcement yet.

Storm in a tea cup: The weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blowing like a bandit. And rain. As if we haven't had enough. Climate change? Phwaw!

Comment

Michael has gone to make new friends in the Old Dominion. Don't want to see another storm for a while.

Comment

An unexpected side effect of Storm Callum - a missing dinosaur called Fred.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45877384

Comment

First snowfall in Lunenburg today... only for a few minutes and now the sun is shining again, but it's definitely a bit parky out there. Just picked VL jnr up from school and he nearly got blown over by the wind gusting along the waterfront on the walk back.

Comment

It's been raining a fair bit here, though fortunately nothing on the same scale as in recent tragedies reported here and elsewhere. All schools, parks, cementaries etc. are closed to the public; all local football matches apart from those in the professional leagues called off; and the sale of umbrellas has gone through the roof:

https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/10/18...35_170821.html

Comment

Aye.

A wee bit parky this morning, with a definite nip in the air.

No hard ground frost though, but it looks like any Indian Summer we might have had is over and gone.

Comment

Quite insane this

https://twitter.com/severeweatherEU/status/1054140008519606272

https://twitter.com/severeweatherEU/status/1054280539887296512

Comment

I was in Rome at the start of the month for a long weekend. Apart from the Saturday when it chucked it down the weather was warm and sunny.

Comment

Temperatures dropped as much as 10 degrees Celsius in the course of Sunday evening

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                      Looks like we may get hit from behind by Michael.

(Sorry. Not sorry.)

Comment

Yeah it was really balmy in Italy earlier last week on my visit, looks like I've dodged a bullet there.

Comment

Venice is full of water...

Comment

It's bad, the worst in at least ten years.

75% of the city has standing water.

It's also bad in other coastal areas. More than dozen yachts (including one belonging to the Berlusconi family) were seriously damaged when part of the sea wall in Rapallo collapsed and there has been significant flooding along parts of the Neapolitan coast. 20 deaths have been attributed to the storms and flooding so far.

Ms. ursus arrived in Milano this morning, and was pleased to report that it wasn't that bad in the city

Comment

Woke up to see that winter has arrived in Lunenburg:

All South Shore schools are closed for the day due to the icy road conditions.

Comment

It's reasonably unusual to get a snowfall of this depth in February let alone in November

25cm in case you want to know. My daughter and I just measured it

Comment

Central Park had over 6 inches on Thursday, which was a new record for November here.

Comment

Only a few snowflakes fell here this morning, but much of the rest of Nova Scotia has been blanketed overnight. Over 200 thousand people without power at the moment, looks like it could take a while to get this fixed. We'll have internet access here for as long as the backup battery on the router and the laptop batteries hold out, so I guess I should stop farting around on OTF and get some work done while I still can...

Comment

Crazy windy going out for lunch today. An old man was nearly blown off his feet. Can't remember the last time we had wind like that in London.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nwsportland/status/1068560584772395010?s=21

Comment

Venice: when does the cost of saving the city become too high (and there are plenty of folk living in other similarly-afflicted places but which aren't as famous)?

Comment

It rained here last night. First time in 3 months.

Comment

A map of temperatures in Romania this morning. I live in the pink bit

Comment

Are the local young 'uns planning on building another snowman the size of a gasometer this year?

Comment

It's snowing in Pinner...

Comment

It was snowing in Enfield at 5pm yesterday, sadly it didn't continue so I'm getting ready to go to work. We need a good week of freezing temperatures to get rid of the bugs etc.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X