• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by hobbes View Post
    So far today.

Calm. Sunny. Cool. Barely a breath of wind.

AAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHHFUCKNIG SIDEWAYS RAIN AND HOWLING WIND IT'S ARMAGEDDON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Calm. Bright. Barely a breath of wind
    And then rinse, shake, repeat five minutes later.

At one point it was absolutely pelting down on the building opposite and blazing sun on this one.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    We had a two minute hailstorm about an hour and a half ago - briefly incredibly violent, but already you'd never known it had happened.

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    Similar for me a few miles down the road from the hobbeses

Running order:

1. Dry and calm
    2. Ferocious winds and heavy rain
    3. Dry and calm
    4. Ferocious winds and hailstones
    5. Dry and sunny, but still with the ferocious winds

It's one of those "you're getting all the weather today" days

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    40mph NW winds down in Pembs so it feels chilly outside, but calming down a bit now. A brief bit of hail earlier, but otherwise dry and bright. The forecast looks relatively mild and dry for the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Greenlander
    replied
    It was dry and sunny enough to put the washing out for the first time this year yesterday. I then did a bit of gardening and went to the pub to reward myself for said gardening.

I forgot to bring the sheets back in. That was a bad mistake, not that they'll be soaked through but that they'll even still be on the line.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    So far today.

Calm. Sunny. Cool. Barely a breath of wind.

AAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHHFUCKNIG SIDEWAYS RAIN AND HOWLING WIND IT'S ARMAGEDDON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Calm. Bright. Barely a breath of wind

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    This morning at TrL Towers

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Yeah, quite windy just south of London and it started raining about 45 minutes ago.

TBH, though, I'm effectively on a hillside, so it's a rare day when it's not a bit blowy.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    It's been hammering down for a few hours here. But now it's stopped and the yellow orb that burns us has made an appearance.

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    Horrible weather here in Hertfordshire this morning. Cold, very rainy and a lovely gale blowing the freezing rain in your face. Bboy reacted in what I can only describe as a totally logically way by screaming "I want to go home" and trying to run back to the house. I only managed to get him to school through careful deployment of a conversation about weather Pokémon (where I have to seem genuinely enthusiastic and engaged otherwise he's onto me).

Leave a comment:

• Lobachevsky
    replied
    Not so much but it's pissing down like a monsoon in Stratford Upon Avon. Think the river will flood for about the 10th time this year.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    I've just seen a Kansas farmhouse fly past the window

Is it windy where you are?

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    "natty"

Duuuh

"nasty"

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    So. Storm Kathleen then

Anyone else got a Davey Arthur earworm going on

(Looks like quite a natty one for the west of Ireland

Take care everyone)

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    The concept of the wettest period of time in Western Ireland is utterly frightening...

Leave a comment:

• Discordant Resonance
    replied
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    March in my county was the wettest since 1963, unsurprisingly - that said, it has been rather sunny since the weekend, with temperatures to match the new time, appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    I have given up meself, just glad two days were decent the last weekend, shame I picked the wrong combination and had to turn a tent overnighter into a day hike but hey...

Otherwise, the pattern we had to endure is not finished with us yet, nothing in the reliable that indicates a change and every time something decent appears 10 days away, it gets mangled by the Atlantic magnet above us.

Anyhow, we need the polar vortex to die a death and the SST in the Atlantic to behave a bit more normally. Then there is the transition to La Nina starting in a few months. A lengthy dry period is still a pipedream ..

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    It was a very clickbaity but the article only said we could still have droughts this summer, as we're not properly conserving winter rainfall.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    According to an article in today's Graun, despite all this rain we're going to have hosepipe bans etc this Summer. And that wasn't yesterday's April Fool.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    I liked it when it didn't rain for 4 months.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    My sentiments exactly: https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/articles/c1e81510el3o

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The poster appears to be using the term as a reference to the degree of saturation in the atmosphere, which is not a use I have encountered before (nor one that appears on a quick Google).

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Yeah, looking at the replies on Twitter someone queried the graphic.

EDIT - among lots of denialists taking the piss. "I thought we were supposed to be having droughts. Make your mind up LOL"

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I don't think that graphic represents the past 12 months - it was the comment about water in the atmosphere that I was more interested in

Ah, OK. The graphic made no sense when taking about annual precipitation, which was why I wondered if "rainfall accumulation" was some measure that I'd previously been unaware of.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I don't think that graphic represents the past 12 months - it was the comment about water in the atmosphere that I was more interested in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X