No announcement yet.

How does your garden grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for the terrible photo. The white wisteria is now out and joins the purple which has been for a few weeks:

Comment

Comment

Could’ve stuck this in the WTF! thread. Not sure you’ll get the full “beauty” of this wood sculpture from my iPhone pic, but this is a local sight stuck in the front garden of a shabby bungalow

Comment

Designed to give local children nightmares I guess.

Comment

Our 11foot sunflower blew down during the night. Russian Giant. Grown from seeds. Get some ordered for next summer.

Comment

That’s a shame.

Mrs. S cut some Euphorbia Wulfenii from the garden to put in vases in the house. A bit different as the flowers are greenish. They are having their best year and look spectacular.

Comment

Along with some Acanthus Mollis.

Comment

That photo on the wall is my Mum attempting to interest me in kite flying in 1965-6.

Comment

I've got a couple of patches of acanthus molis in the garden but had no flowere at all this year. One lot are in a shady spot and the leaves quickly got mildew, but the other patch is in a sunnier area and just produced loads of green foliage. I reckon the loamy soil is too good for them. Either that, or snails scoffed the buds before they developed.

Comment

Working...
                    X