Getting away with it (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again my employers have not only bottled the decision to tell me to pack up my things, hand my cards in and fuck off, but they have put me into the "pay rise and bonus" pool. We don't get a lot (about 1%, the last few years, before tax) but it's better than I was expecting. Especially in the current climate, where we expect by next year the majority of jobs in my sector will be carried out either by people on unpaid apprenticeships, carrying out community service, or on zero-hour contracts.

Anyone else had expected bad news not arrive this week?

Five weeks before my contract comes to its logical conclusion I've been asked if I would consider a contract extension though it will involve travel and they couldn't be specific on location. It'll be the USA, I reckon. though Shitsville rather than anywhere glamorous.

Comment

Not missing out on expected bad news but getting away with it, I suppose. I'm having a bit of a job change and in view of organisational implications and changed priorities the boss of the organisation wanted to announce this to all staff. Thoughtfully the text was passed to me for comment. My response was that it was fine except for the misuse of the reflexive pronoun in the last line. The notice appeared today with the text corrected. No thanks for the education regarding the sloppy grammar, mind.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Anyone else had expected bad news not arrive this week?
        At the start of this working week I sent an email message to my boss informing her that I wouldn't sign the contract extension I was offered, and that instead I would be leaving by the end of my current contract (end of July). In an inversion of Rogin's situation, for her, expected good news was replaced by unexpected bad news this week.

Comment

Working...
        X