iPhone call recorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone call recorders

Can anyone recommend to me a decent app that I could use to record phone calls on an iPhone?

I did all of the interviews for my first book face-to-face. The sheer number and geographic spread of interviewees for my second means that this will be impossible, so I'm having to do a lot of them by phone.

I've tried putting the phone on speaker and using my voice recorder, but the sound quality is dreadful, hence this question.

Any help gratefully received.

iPhone call recorders

I'm pretty sure there's no direct way to do it, in that I don't think third-party apps are allowed to access such low-level functions.

But I believe there are ways of recording off VOIP (voice over internet) clients, such as Google Voice.

There might also be gizmos you can plug in.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

There are also loads of Skype plug-ins – you could speak to interviewees via Skype or Skype-Out.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

When I was looking for this I only found stuff that would work if someone called me, not if I initiated the call.

I never tried using it, as that wasn't what I wanted.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

Thanks Stumpy. I've recorded from Skype before but I'm unsure as to whether a lot of former footballers in their mid-40s would use such a programme. Recording a phone call seemed like much less hassle.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

If Stumpy's plugin suggestion works you can of course call land line numbers via Skype.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

HORN wrote: If Stumpy's plugin suggestion works you can of course call land line numbers via Skype.
              Yeah, that was my thought, phone their landlines using Skype Out (which is pretty cheap) from a PC or Mac. Recording from a computer is relatively trivial.

If you can do video chat, so much the better.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

Ahh, sorry. Miles ahead of me.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

So bit of a tangent, but when I used to do interviews, I happened to have one of these – the iRiver HP-120.

This was iRiver's "iPod killer". It looked like it was designed in the Soviet Union and had a user interface to match. Except it could play loads of file types and had all manner of outputs and inputs. Its built-in microphone was great for voice recording. It met its demise when I dropped it on the platform at New Cross Gate.

As you were.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

I still use my iHP-140.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

If you can use a landline (or VOIP) for your calls you can get a £10 dongle that sits between the handset and the base which lets you output to a 3.5mm jack.

Alternatively, pick up a cheap Android handset, plug in your SIM, and there are probably a billion apps that do this.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

Ginger Yellow wrote: Alternatively, pick up a cheap Android handset, plug in your SIM, and there are probably a billion apps that do this.
                        I think you'd also need an adapter for the SIM card though.

Comment

iPhone call recorders

Depends on the phone(s).

Comment

Working...
                          X