Sleeplessness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeplessness

I'm sure i'm not the only one on here who has ever had problems sleeping, but i'm currently going through a rough patch. I haven't now slept for 3 days, and am starting to go a bit crazy.
    I've a trapped nerve in my left leg and the pain is keeping my awake, even through prescribed painkillers and anti-inflammatorys.
    Does anyone have any relaxation tips etc. I'm also wary of qny depressive 'episodes' which may occur. Been prone to them in the past, and I dont want this and my back problems leading to me destroying upcoming plans (move to London to share a flat with gf), that have had to be postponed due to injury.

Sleeplessness

Sorry to hear that axel. I'm sometimes a sufferer, lucky to say I'm OK at present.

It's quite old, but there may some insights on this thread.

Best of luck. There's also an Insomniacs' thread called Return of the night shift. It may or may not help.

Personally I listen to my iPod at very low volume, Audiobooks are best.

Comment

Sleeplessness

I've been suffering lately from sciatica, which may be the cause of your leg pain.

I don't normally go down the route of alternative therapy, but my masseuse suggested a couple of positions that have provided enormous relief.

I particularly recommend the Ardha Matsyendrasana.

Comment

Sleeplessness

Commiserations all. My sister has suffered from sciatica lately and it's really knocked her for six.

Me, I'm permanently tired thanks to child number two. Wakes every two or three hours. My wife does most of the getting up (to feed him) but when she can't take any more I take over. Lately that's meant being up from around 4 until I go to work.

Comment

Sleeplessness

If you've got an iphone or android phone, give Andrew Johnson's hypnosis apps a go.
          They help sort me out when I'm stressed or overtired.
          I sometime wake up to take my headphones out when they finish but then I'm straight back under.
          You can get individual ones, or the "Relax+" app which you can then buy extra bits for and listen to 2 or 3 different scripts in a row etc.

Comment

Sleeplessness

I've always struggled to drift off and the slightest noise often wakes me. Last night I'd been asleep about an hour before the earthquake woke me up.

Comment

Sleeplessness

Thanks for all your suggestions. Yoga is something I need to start properly once i'm able.
              Going back to physio tomorrow, but not doing too much as I overdid it last time and made things worde.

Comment

Sleeplessness

feel for you axel. I had terrible problems sleeping after Mrs. House Cat passed. I refused to follow the pharmaceutical route and found that low volume radio talk (NPR) had a soothing affect and I eventually (largely) got over it. I still go to sleep with NPR murmuring in the background. Good luck mate.

Comment

Sleeplessness

Cheers Hobbes - those Apps look good for me, although there seems to be a number of them and I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for (in order to buy one/them). There is a bundled one for $20 or so but also individual ones and some free, Lite ones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Sleeplessness

I tend to use the de-stress and deep/deeper relax.
                    However for £4 there's one called "infinite relaxation" that randomises the scripts apparently.

Comment

Sleeplessness

Oh and if you get the relax+ app there's and add on for £1.49 called "Deep sleep" which sounds right up your alley.
                      I'd get the deeper relax and the deep sleep add ons and play them in that order, were I you.

Comment

Sleeplessness

I'm still wide awake now, after our flight back from Dubrovnik. I never seem able to sleep after travelling late, you'd think I'd be super-tired but the sheer act of travelling and getting home seems to kick off some adrenaline buzz in me that keeps me going for hours. Medicating it with gin, which should help. It used to be me, toro, EIM and PPV up at this hour (apart from those for whom the sun hasn't set yet).

Comment

Working...
                        X