X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don’t know what the Mary Sears is but it’s at the Wooloomooloo naval berths today, while floating office block Quantum of the Seas is messing up Circular Quay. Which isn’t circular.

Comment

What the fuck is Quantum of the Seas supposed to mean?

Comment

First warship in Greenwich for a while (first any ship really). Interestingly, it seems to be Dutch, HNLMS Karel Doorman.

Comment

A better view:

Comment

A couple in permanent dry dock at the Maritime Museum in Brisbane: HMS Diamantia (a navy vessel with a short career due to WW2 ending) and Carpentaria (a light vessel previously moored at Sydney’s equivalent museum. I featured it in post 142 but it’s lost to Tinypic).

Comment

Comment

Alright so there's nothing particularly special about a rusty old general cargo vessel with 4000 tonnes of china clay aboard, but the Ocmis Gar has been held by the MCA with issues that have led to it being unflagged. I don't think I've heard Palau being mentioned more apart from maybe a vintage episode of Pointless.

Comment

Another Dutch one, the Rotterdam:

Comment

Comment

I took this yesterday, a much greyer day.

Comment

But you both got a bird in.

Comment

Comment

Here's the other photo I took, there were more birds around that time.

Comment

I saw that Dutch ship going up the Thames a few days ago, I did wonder where it would end up.

Comment

It came from Den Helder

Here is its Wiki page
                                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNLMS_Rotterdam_(L800)

There are quite a wide variety of active vessels named Rotterdam

Comment

HMS Diamond. Don't get many destroyers:

Comment

This rather ungainly "expeditionary fast transport" just steamed upriver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Newport

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                            This rather ungainly "expeditionary fast transport" just steamed upriver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USNS_Newport
                                            Trying to establish a bridgehead at Poughkeepsie?

Comment

I am slightly concerned.

There have also been more helicopters than usual.

My guess is that it is West Point related. Commencement is on Saturday.

Comment

Not exactly the world's most interesting ship but I'm sitting in a terrace in possibly my favourite square anywhere,and couldn't resist

Comment

Just passed between FF and us

38 metres long. Atypical for the Hudson.

Comment

Today's visitor

https://www.boatinternational.com/ya...classic--38999

Comment

Working...
                                                    X