No announcement yet.

Ship of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And coming in to Broadway Pier there was the Andromeda superyacht. I’ve no idea why it’s here. It apparently might belong to Russian IT oligarch Yuri Milner. Who I’d not heard of before today, but if he owns a boat like this he has to be an evil megalomaniac.

Comment

Milner (who pioneered email in Russia and was an early investor in Facebook) bought a house in LA for USD 100 million a while back, which may explain the boat being in San Diego.

Comment

I can’t see UA’s images either. Sadness

Comment

They seem to be expiring for reasons I don't understand

This was the last one

Comment

High tide on the Thames on Saturday. An LFB boat heads out from the pier.

Comment

I like the fire boat Capybara, it's a little thing with a phenomenal pumping power.

The cruise ship Columbus tied up at Tilbury Riverside today. There are a further six cruise ships currently languishing inside Tilbury Dock.

Comment

We have two cruise ships that seem to be anchored off the coast - outside the harbor. They've been there for weeks now, not moving. The Celebrity Eclipse and a Disney Cruises one. I'm waiting for one (or both) to have a convenient fire or other accident and insurance money to be claimed. They'd both been in port for a few weeks quarantining. Every week we'd see some poor bastards who'd been trapped on the thing for weeks sitting on a balcony or walking around. I guess there are worse places to be stranded on a boat than San Diego harbour, but still, staying on the prison plague ship for weeks doesn't sound fun.

Comment

I had to be up early to see this, the HMM Algeciras as it passes the end of Southend Pier. It can carry 23,964 containers and can be seen here entering the Thames estuary at 6.45am this morning en-route to London Gateway. The largest ship ever to enter the Thames estuary.

Comment

Comment

That’s a whopper. Nice pic too Paul.

Comment

The Marjorie C, owned by Pasha Hawaii it appears, was unloading cars this morning. It has what must be one of the larger No Smoking signs in existence. I wonder if they carry something more flammable than cars.

Comment

Those vessels are absolutely humongous (they sometimes come to Red Hook and dwarf everything else in the harbour).

The No Smoking signs are required on vessels that handle flammables, and are massive up close.

Comment

The muppets from earlier this afternoon.

As I noted, it is a good thing that the cannon were decommissioned after the Civil War.

Needless to say, they were a danger to navigation.

https://twitter.com/abigailmarone/status/1284906338309623808

Comment

"The Silent Majority"?

Comment

She's a professional Trumper

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53720419

Comment

Interesting

The ongoing plight of the crews has been an underreported aspect of the entire cruise ship debacle

Comment

Look what's turned up in the Thames Estuary this morning, it's the super-yacht Le Grand Bleu. At 371ft it's the 36th longest yacht in the World and was originally built for the American businessman John McCaw Jr. He then sold it to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich who then lost it in a bet to fellow Russian businessman and current owner Eugene Shvidler. The yacht is so big it carries two additional yachts to the rear of the vessel. One is a 73ft sail boat and the other is the yachts powerboat (and visible in this photo) at a mere 68ft.

I wonder what she is doing moored off the Isle of Sheppy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                                        He then sold it to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich who then lost it in a bet to fellow Russian businessman and current owner Eugene Shvidler.
                                        How quickly can it do the Kessel run?

Comment

Some good news from the British shipbuilding industry for once, Appledore shipyard is to reopen:

Appledore Shipyard in Devon closed in March 2019 but has now been bought by InfraStrata.

Comment

I think that’s good news. As long as Appledore remains as pretty as it is now.

Comment

Appledore having a shipbuilding industry always strikes me as being delightfully quirky.

Comment

Here's a picture of the shipyard from the other side of the water taken when I did that part of the SWCP last year:

Comment

Philip Green's former superyacht is currently moored less than 200 metres off of FF's.gaff.

Comment

Lady Green's, surely...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X