No announcement yet.

Ship of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You couldn't pay me enough to go on one of those gigantic cruise ships with a couple thousand randos and their germs.

Comment

Arnica, a bulk carrier registered in Liberia, showing the superyacht what a real boat looks like

Comment

That's definitely not homeopathic Arnica, because I can actually see it.

Comment

I knew someone was going to make that connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
            You couldn't pay me enough to go on one of those gigantic cruise ships with a couple thousand randos and their germs.
            I got paid a fair whack to entertain people on one which went round the Caribbean, it was an interesting experience but not one I'm especially keen to repeat.

Comment

The buoy laying ship Patricia which is currently moored 300 yards off St Ives

Comment

That looks almost tropical Paul. Hope the walk’s going well.

Comment

The Liberty Belle, an ersatz paddlewheel steamer that usually stays in the East River, has been appearing in the Hudson more regularly and just motored by

Comment

I saw that one today. Thought it was the lobstah boat at first.

Comment

Used for tourism, I suppose?

Comment

We have one of those that plods back and forth on Mission Bay with drunken revellers on board. I don't really know what the pitch is: "Come an release your inner antebellum south while drinking alcopops on a pastiche boat on a man made bay."

Comment

Dunno about the San Diego version, but the Belle isn't at all "antebellum" inside.

Its promoters seem to think that its distinctive appearance sets it apart in an increasingly crowded field

Comment

There’s a similarly fake paddlesteamer running out of Sydney‘s Darling Harbour.

Comment

It must be dead easy to gin up the necessary accessories.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/simonmaginn/status/1175041547152384004?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I thought that said "gold cocks" - same thing though, amirite.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    Dunno about the San Diego version, but the Belle isn't at all "antebellum" inside.

Its promoters seem to think that its distinctive appearance sets it apart in an increasingly crowded field
                                    Good god that's ugly

Comment

The Coast Guard Cutter Thunder Bay, which is often deployed as an icebreaker on the Hudson during the winter, just sailed past.

Here it is doing harder yards

Comment

Caught that monstrosity going up the river yesterday:

Comment

https://twitter.com/ursus_arctos59/status/1193284443718504448

Comment

That ship is really the ultimate riparian expression of the term "Lazy man's load" isn't it?
                                            Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 03-12-2019, 19:21.

Comment

The RFA Tidespring, apparently a replenishment tanker, was moored at the cruise ship terminal in the Mersey while I was out for my dinnertime stroll today.

Comment

Even by the standards of hideous modern cruise ships, this baboon-arsed example that's sitting in the Mersey looks like it's been beaten with an ugly stick.

Comment

Not sure it's any prettier from the front.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X