No announcement yet.

Ship of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is indeed back and arrived yesterday.

The river was blissfully free of superyachts during recent family visits.

Comment

We have a new visitor--The Laurel

Comment

I hope that our New York correspondents are in such a place today that they could snap a picture of the Malizia II arriving . I have no idea where it is going to dock

(The Malizia II is the solar powered racing yacht carrying Greta Thunberg to New York, and due to arrive today - 46 nautical miles away as I write this)

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1166621693017776128
        Last edited by ad hoc; 28-08-2019, 08:07. Reason: added tweet

Comment

Current position. Round about two hours away?

Comment

She's about to pass under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (between Brooklyn and Staten Island) and already has two media boats with her.

Comment

They appeared to have stopped (anchored?) just before that bridge as they've been there for an hour-ish now, in the same spot

Comment

Hmmm

Perhaps waiting for more media?

I guess that there is also a chance that they are waiting for a pilot boat. I don't know where they are planning to berth.

Comment

The latest instagram post from the captain about half an hour ago (which i don;t know how to link to), says "Waiting to clear in and the start thinking about heading up the river" (I don't know what "clear in" means, perhaps be given some kind of clearance?)

You can see it by going to the map here and zooming in https://team-malizia.com/en/home/

Comment

Evidently they are planning to berth in the World Financial Center Marina in Battery Park City

Comment

Larger boats require a pilot to enter the harbour. Smaller ones may well require clearance.

Comment

https://twitter.com/borisherrmann/status/1166701359317618689

Comment

Now expected to arrive no earlier than 14h45

I don't watch local news, but this should be a much bigger thing than it is here.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1166767165527220224

Comment

I found her on the Marine Traffic map.

Comment

Two superyachts for the holiday weekend and flyovers by her fighters reportedly working on a "photo op" for the weekend.

Comment

Noisy fuckers.

Comment

A new freight ferry is to begin at the end of this month, going from Tilbury to Calais. Operated by P&O it will be freight only with a crossing time of around 6.5 hours. By my reckoning that ferry could sail to the west of the Goodwin Sands thus cutting off an hour or two, but they can't sail that way under all tidal conditions (otherwise they would risk grounding) so the 6.5 hours is for the longer voyage to the east of the Goodwin and down to Calais that way.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/po-ferries...freight-route/

Comment

The rather marvelously named Red Cosmos came by yesterday, showing the superyachts just what a big ship looks like. She's currently at Hudson on the way to the bulk terminal just south of Albany,

Comment

First navy ship in a while - the RFA Lyme Bay it seems. Sorry for the crappy photo. Will try to get a better shot tomorrow on my way to the shops.

Comment

In town for London International Shipping Week, it appears.

Landing craft have changed a bit.

Comment

Haven't you seen Battleship Potemkin?

Comment

I'm trying to be optimistic

Comment

Comment

The Celebrity X Cruises The Edge in Valletta Harbour. I imagine it's called that because it's boring and it echoes.

Also: couldn't fit it all in to the photos.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X