No announcement yet.

Ship of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh OK. I only know “Take your time, plenty of time. Oh, you’re out of time.”

Comment

Britain doesn't have the capacity to build ships anymore and the least said about the Fergusons shipyard the better.

Comment

This drilling rig is called Ran and arrived at Sheerness in July towed by tyre offshore vessels. Seen here looking down the Sheerness sea wall.

Comment

The old school (but 21st Century) Arriva just went upriver

Reportedly once owned by Johnny Depp and JK Rowling (not at the same time)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            The old school (but 21st Century) Arriva just went upriver

Reportedly once owned by Johnny Depp and JK Rowling (not at the same time)

That's the kind of history that would attract a buyer looking for a spectacular fall from grace.

Comment

Today's visitor is the Heron, a "crewed catamaran for charter" from Maine that was moored just south of us overnight

Comment

I was trying to work out if that was the bridge at Newport , RI in the background. We drove across it last year and it looks similar.

Comment

It would make sense given the Heron's usual cruising grounds.

The fog.this morning makes a "live".photo impractical

Comment

Ongoing hijack outside entrance to Solent?

Nave Andromeda

https://www.iwradio.co.uk/news/isle-...isle-of-wight/

Comment

Then again, it isn't a hijacking

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-54684440

Comment

Comment

The Jorg out of Limassol, arriving in Dublin from Zeebrugge.

Comment

Comment

Followed shortly after by the Waterway, also a Limassol ship. It's a dredger that's been working in Dublin bay for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                The Jorg out of Limassol, arriving in Dublin from Zeebrugge.
                                Who needs big island?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                  Swim out there and paint a big B on there man.

Comment

This week's contender:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-56286719

Comment

Oh bollocks, they've changed the wording of that since I saw it earlier!

The headline was originally "Floating ship photographed off Cornwall", and I first came across it in the BBC website's sidebar list of Most Read stories and thus without an accompanying picture. "Slow news day in Cornwall," I thought to myself.

Clicking through to the article in question revealed they meant it appeared to be hovering, which might've been a more descriptive term in the circumstances, but no they'd chosen the word "floating" throughout to describe what was meant to be unusual behaviour for a ship. (Although, I suppose, they might've sunk all the others.)

Alas, someone at the BBC finally seems to have cottoned onto this too and revised it accordingly.

Comment

It's carrying really, really light crude oil.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Jackstilgoe/status/1374472058164314120

Ooops

Comment

Picked the wrong place to try a handbrake turn.

Comment

It's NS's sofa, isn't it?

Comment

Aye.

I saw this story and immediately thought of this thread.

otf implanting superliminal messages in my brain there.

Comment

Still stuck there. This must be costing billions with the logjam

Comment

The ship's owner said it had been blown off course by "a suspect gust of wind" just north of the port of Suez.
                                                    Somebody sabotaged the weather?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X