X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My word

No wonder they don't show the vessels in the adverts

Comment

Until the Coronavirus challenges to the cruise industry I had no idea Virgin was in the cruise business.

Comment

They are a relatively new entry (within the last two years, I think)

Comment

The trick with that boat is that it's so ugly you'd almost prefer to be on the inside looking out than on the outside looking in. It's a cunning marketing ploy.

Comment

That is exactly the "genius" of our office building, which was built for US Steel and painted black by Don Regan when he was CEO of Merrill Lynch

Comment

That’s better looking than the ship.

Comment

Did he lean out the windows with a brush, or stand on the ground with a really long-handled roller?

Comment

Today’s offering from the Mersey is the MS Fridtjof Nansen, the latest expedition cruise ship from Hurtigruten. It’s a more pleasing size than the Virgin monstrosity from the other week, and the back end is especially sleek - although the front still looks like it’s sailed into a dock wall at pace. It was only launched this year and is hybrid powered.

Comment

Interesting vessel

Looks to be used primarily for fjord excursions. Just a bit more luxe than than the mail trawler I was on in the 80s

The Coast Guard's Katherine Walker is coming down river this morning, having completed whatever channel maintenance work in was doing earlier in the week

Comment

The Scillolian, built in Appledore shipyard in 1977 for the run to the Isles of Scilly. It is one of the last Royal Mail vessels and came out of dry dock at the weekend ready for sea trials. She is seen here entering Penzance Harbour.

Comment

That's nice Paul. Good to see you got a Shag in.

Comment

Red Funnel's ship "Red Osprey" in dry dock at Falmouth.

Comment

Early 80s in Falmouth Harbour. Methane Princess, surely a name to stir romance in the coldest of hearts. Two Falmouth posts in a row, what are the odds?

Comment

I’ve looked up the ship now. Built in Barrow-in-Furness in 1964, the first LNG tanker into service. Methane Progress the sole sister ship. Scrapped in 1998.

Comment

Methane Progress sounds like wind slowly working it's way through your intestine before a particularly toxic fart...

Comment

Methane Princess - not a popular girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    Methane Princess - not a popular girl.
                                    Oh I dunno, I reckon she could light up your night.

Comment

A bit of news from the shipping World, but it would appear there is a bit of a row going on between Peel Ports and P&O. Now Peels Ports - in fact Peel Holdings overall - are not a nice company. They own parts of Liverpool docks, the airport and also Birkenhead docks and they've just seized a P&O ship in the docks in a row over unpaid bills. Whether P&O can pay or won't pay is immaterial, the route has been suspended and a P&O ship was spotted doing berthing trials at Mostyn Docks over the weekend as they try to keep the service going.

http://www.deeside.com/dublin-to-liv...ive-locations/

For the first time since 2004, a P&O Ferries ship is expected to arrive in Mostyn following a dispute with Liverpool Port operator Peel Ports.

Comment

Not a ship, but a tug, an hour or so ago. Labouring a bit with the tide rushing in.

Comment

Lovely

The low bridges on the Thames require them to be much shorter than their US equivalents (particularly coastal tugs)

Comment

Can’t see your image UA but maybe it’s just my iPad.

Comment

Weird

Comment

That one works a treat, thanks. And a golf course in the background to resonate with SB’s post on the photo thread.

Comment

Capybara that’s lovely. Looks like a glorious day.

Comment

A couple from today on the ferry

First up is the USNS Mercy which is back safely at North Island Station Coronado after her rescue mission in LA where she was berthed, not treating Covid-19 patients.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X