Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An apology - No replies necessary

Hello good people of OTF. I have an apology to make:

Recently (last 6 months probably), I have been getting absolutely blitzed at all hours of the day for varying reasons, and have let loose a few disjointed comments on here as a result.

I apologise for that, and anything else you can think of. I might have a wee drinking problem. I actually might have a big drinking problem, but apparently realising that, is half the battle.

Anyway, steps are being taken, and I hope that things will eventually turn out for the best.

Thanks for listening.

At your most disjointed you are more coherent than some people we've seen. Don't worry about it, and good luck getting the drinking problem sorted.

Comment

Yes, I'll echo the unhyphenated chap's comments. Good luck sorting yourself out, but there've been far worse sober posters.

Comment

Best of luck Gerontophile.

Comment

Don't worry, Ger - I've found most of your streams of 'consciousness' amusing. I've instantly worked out you weren't sober and thus not taken any of it too seriously.

Whilst you don't need to get completely on the wagon, it's good that you're aware it's not an ideal permanent modus operandi though.

Comment

Yeah, what Clive said.

Heed the tragic example of Fun Bobby in Friends.

Comment

Bocca al lupo, ger.

And what the others said; there are a lot of people here who care about you.

Comment

Good luck Gero.

You're still the most coherent Celtic fan on most threads.

Comment

Bocca al lupo, ger.
                  A wolf sandwich? How will that help?

Comment

Thanks all, it means a great deal.

Comment

My Season 2 DVD with that storyline is fucked. The Fun Bobby episode conks out halfway through, just as Fun Bobby is being confronted about his drinking problem at Central Perk. What happened to Fun Bobby?

Comment

In short, he stopped being Fun, and started just being Bobby.

Best of luck Ger.

Comment

Thanks.

Fun Bobby's mum died just when they wanted him to be fun Bobby ( I think that Monica wanted him to be her New Year date).

Might not have been mum, could have been grandma... I know far more about 'Friends than is necessary. Shit.

Ask me about Rebus, go on!

Comment

Good luck, G.

Hey, La Liga starts up again soon!

Comment

G.Man wants a hyphen wrote:
                              My Season 2 DVD with that storyline is fucked. The Fun Bobby episode conks out halfway through, just as Fun Bobby is being confronted about his drinking problem at Central Perk. What happened to Fun Bobby?
                              He stopped drinking, and consequently stopped being Fun. Just became Bobby.

Comment

Best of luck with that.

Comment

yep, no fucking chance.

In other news, my flatmate has shrivelled to the size of an egg, but fortunately. he is my flatmtate, so I wont laugh. Too much.

In other histrionic news, the sterling pound gets you a Corrie. However, it also gets you a Deirdrie... thand fuck for blow up beds.

Comment

There is a way in Cape Town's gay culture of naming things after women's names (most likely a universal thing). For example, a penis is a Lana and a cigarette is a Zilla.

I have no idea what a Corrie and a Deirdre might be.

Comment

thats a lack of ITV for you.

However in other news, I have been slaughtered and found a friend. Thats the good news. The bad news is that I almost jumped into the middle of traffic, from a fairly high bridge. The best part of that being, that I didnt. But, this goes out to almost everyone here, what is that wee alternate voice that say 'do it... see how it feels'

or is that just me?

Comment

You big silly. Don't do any harm to yourself. That would be awful.

Comment

Ger promise me you will be careful eh?

Comment

Hey Gero - jeez, I don't know what to say in response to a post like that, and obviously I don't know you personally or well enough, or am qualified enough, to dream of offering specific advice for your situation ...

About the only thing I can do is empathise - I certainly have 'heard that voice', as you put it, many times in my life, due to miserableness, loneliness and self-loathing ... The way I have tried to deal with it is that, no matter how much of a cnut I am sitting here on my own getting trashed day after day this month or on a Saturday night, is to try to find something, always some little thing, to hold all to and look forward to and give hope in the day-to-day. There's always something - e.g. Sevilla's next goal (coincidentally, Chevachevachevachevantoooon has scored v Cadiz while I've been writing this), trying to do as well as possible at work to 'prove myself as a worthwhile person' there, the next photo I get sent of my niece and the thought of what a great success she's going to be in life, or the next funny / insightful stuff I'm going to read on OTF tomorrow. So far it's worked and touch wood it'll continue to do so.

Sorry I can't offer any more useful advice, but just wanted to say something to give you my very best wishes. I hope you're still on for your Barcelona trip ...

Comment

Gerontophile, you ok?

Comment

Yes, I am fine, thanks Rick. I havent been on here for a few days as I have been working and taking a wee break from here and pretty much everything really.

Lodz: Yes, still going to Barcelona. Whether it will be sold out or not by the time I get there is another matter, and I notice that the cheapest tickets are €40, which I am in two minds about paying... but will let you know nearer the time.

Comment

Working...
                                                X