Last day in nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day in nowhere

I’ve spent this month in a suburb of Gothenburg where my parents live. I’ve actually stayed at their place yet I’ve hardly met them. Reason being I’ve stepped in to help a mate who owns a pub there. I’ve loved the month and want to shoot myself at the same time. I think EIM might figure out what I mean.

I know a lot of people here. A lot of people know my name but I have no clue what theirs is. I’ve helped out my mate loads of times before so that’s one reason people know my name. Arranging parties for sales to happen and other shit. It’s actually a really nice place, both the pub and the suburb, where almost everybody knows everybody. More like a village than a suburb.

Anyway, I was bored two days ago. So right outside the panorama windows of the pub I threw up a sign on a post. A double which can be seen either way you come walking from.

It says, in big letters
    FINDERS FEE 1000kr
    Sunday 26 April at about 2PM Neo escaped from my balcony while I was doing laundry.
    Please, if anyone finds him call me!
    He eats meat and can easily be teased to stay if you offer him a bit of Boston Butt or Salami.
    He’s 180cm and runs fast.
    070 - 426 60 07

(The number is to the Honduran embassy in Gothenburg.
    The picture was of this.)

It probably comes across as juvenile and moronic here, but the smiles it gave me. I’m not laughing at the people stopping to read it. Not in a mocking way. More a study. Sometimes the most beautiful thing to watch is people reacting to something and you can’t hear what they say. Like a silent movie played before you. There have been people walking their dog, passing by who instinctively drag the leash in a protective way. People shaking their head in disbelief. And as I said, most people here know most other people, so the rumor travelled fast. I’ve had people come up to me ask about the escaped lizard.

I’m a dick.
    With a constant smile.

Last day in nowhere

The very interesting thing is that when I overhear people talking about it, they presume the lizard escaped from a woman. The doing laundry bit throws them that way.

Comment

Last day in nowhere

The luck, though. On the same day in the Swedish tabloids there was an article about a 30cm lizard escaping. That doubled the effect on people believing.

Comment

Last day in nowhere

Comment

Last day in nowhere

Works better than ganja's picture...

Comment

Last day in nowhere

Comment

Last day in nowhere

beak wrote:
              I'm stealing that.
              Thank you for the laugh, monsieur.