No announcement yet.

Saudi action in Yemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Doha to Melbourne leg has been delayed "indefintely". Given the current tension, I wonder if this means that the incoming flight has been shot down by the Saudis

And this not an idle concern. I genuinely worry that this might be the case

Comment

No such reports.

If you are on Qatar, the incoming flight from LHR is supposed to have landed in Doha.

Comment

I am on Qatar

Comment

Weird

All of the flight tracking sites that we use are reporting that it is still expected to leave on schedule.

Comment

A bloke just told me it is now scheduled to leave at 10.30, which is about 50 minutes late. But all the boards still show "information soon".

Comment

Sorry this has become mundane and belongs there

Comment

It is both interesting and troubling to see the Saudis trying to ratchet tensions down for once

Comment

Yes indeed

Comment

I keep thinking how sad John Bolton must be that the best chance of war happened after he had left the building.

But then a separate part of me wonders whether John Bolton deliberately left the building a few days ago because he knew this was coming and knew that his presence would make people even more dubious about the provenance of these attacks...

Comment

I'm flying through Doha next Thursday from the UK.

Comment

Yet again I'm left wishing all kinds of hell to rain down on the Saudis/UAE but hating the Iranian regime almost as much. Will Trump's desire for a low oil price recession stopping easy life save us for a bit?
                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 16-09-2019, 23:06.

Comment

Couldn't make this up

Comment

A fire at Jeddah train station

https://twitter.com/AAlsalman91/status/1178347891154411520?s=20

Comment

Working...
                            X