• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Carolgees Candles: Unusual Celeb Ventures

Bob and Spit's business venture:

http://www.carolgeescandles.com/

That is quite something.

What exactly is Spit's, err, 'input' into this, I wonder?

Comment

He's been running that for at least ten years. It's in Cheshire isn't it?

Comment

Judging by the website, it's more like 20 years.

Comment

He's been running that for at least ten years.
          Really? Feel pretty certain that I've seen him on TV in that time - and he's somehow failed to mention it.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: That is quite something.

What exactly is Spit's, err, 'input' into this, I wonder?
            Isn't there an urban myth about this whereby he has a card on the table when he visits craft fairs and the like bearing the legend

Yes is is me.

No. I haven't brought the dog.

Thank you for not asking about it.

Comment

Doubtless complete with that typo, too!

Comment

One of the most common questions I get asked is,

"Alright smarty-pants, why does my wick disappear down inside my candle and put itself out?".

I can't say that'd be on my burning questions for Bob Carolgees list. Then again, in the Yewtree environment I'd probably want to keep the conversation to Bob's views on wax.

Comment

Isn't there an urban myth about this whereby he has a card on the table when he visits craft fairs and the like bearing the legend

Yes is is me.

No. I haven't brought the dog.

Thank you for not asking about it.
                  Well, then it might help matters if he refrained from using a cartoon of himself with Spit the Dog in his publicity.

Comment

Simon Groom has a guest house in Derbyshire.

Comment

Bill Wyman's metal detectors.

Comment

http://www.celticcastles.com/castles/easterheughs-castle/history.html

In 2002 Easterheughs Castle was bought by former Millwall, Arsenal and Liverpool footballer, Jimmy Carter, who set about restoring the property to an extremely high standard, a restoration project which has culminated in the finishing touches being added and it is now available for luxury short term holiday lets.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote: http://www.celticcastles.com/castles/easterheughs-castle/history.html

...Liverpool footballer, Jimmy Carter...
                          Only on a technicality.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote: Simon Groom has a guest house in Derbyshire.
                            That's the village where his parents' farm was, IIRC. Educational or not, it always seemed like a real swizz when half the programme would be wasted on SG helping his folks feed their sheep rather then abseiling off the Post Office Tower or something more exciting.

Comment

Am I making this up, or do I remember him once talking about a goshawk landing on his head?

Comment

That's the village where his parents' farm was, IIRC. Educational or not, it always seemed like a real swizz when half the programme would be wasted on SG helping his folks feed their sheep rather then abseiling off the Post Office Tower or something more exciting.
                                I could be mistaken, but did he actually do much of that? I know Noakesy and Peter Duncan put their money where their proverbial mouths were, but Groom and that drip of a sidekick of his - Christopher Wenner - always seemed to duck out and end up making pastries and stuff.

Comment

I think he was meaning Groom on the farm took airtime from Peter Duncan "daring".

Comment

He did used to slip in some quality gags under the radar:
                                    https://youtu.be/gfZcpLxBUKk

Comment

I think he was meaning Groom on the farm took airtime from Peter Duncan "daring".
                                      Oh, I see. I was a teenager and wasn't really watching much by then - it all seemed to go downhill after Val, John and Pete, tbh.

He did used to slip in some quality gags under the radar:
                                      youtu.be/gfZcpLxBUKk
                                      Are you sure that was intentional? (This was, after all, the time of the 'beautiful pair of knockers'.)

Comment

Jah Womble wrote:
                                        I could be mistaken, but did he actually do much of that? I know Noakesy and Peter Duncan put their money where their proverbial mouths were, but Groom and that drip of a sidekick of his - Christopher Wenner - always seemed to duck out and end up making pastries and stuff.
                                        Making a desk tidy out of a couple of old loo rolls would still have been more exciting than the farm stuff. Plus even at that age it just seemed that he was somehow pulling a fast one, moonlighting in the family business on camera. Not that farms aren't dangerous, as public information film viewers were often reminded.

Comment

Ernest Borgnine had a bottled coffee soda about 15 years ago. I think they stopped producing it before he died.

Comment

Comment

They carried it in the student store. I had it a few times. I couldn't really decide if I liked it or thought it was disgusting, the entertainment value in drinking a cold carbonated coffee beverage named for Ernest Borgnine was enough.

Comment

He was a man of many talents

Comment

You work up a mighty thirst licking stamps.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X