WTF is up with these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF is up with these?

Every second thing on Facebook is some picture of them inlcuding a clever message. I've seen the film and... they were not that clever. A side-act. Who in the world decided they were perfect to accompany smug shite?

WTF is up with these?

The minions of our capitalist overlords

Comment

WTF is up with these?

It's an amalgam of masonic mainstays crammed into a cartoon character, including the all-seeing eye, the blue apron worn at the waist, and the masonic god symbol "G".

Comment

WTF is up with these?

The last place I worked at had them plastered everywhere, for no apparent reason. It was very odd.

Comment

WTF is up with these?

What is it?

Comment

WTF is up with these?

A "minion" figure from the Despicable Me franchise

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Ah right. I've not seen it. Them. Whatever. It looks vaguely familiar.

Comment

WTF is up with these?

linus wrote: It's an amalgam of masonic mainstays crammed into a cartoon character, including the all-seeing eye, the blue apron worn at the waist, and the masonic god symbol "G".
                Oh, what? It's just more illuminati symbolism, indoctrinating our beautiful children?

[Fires up davidicke.com]

Comment

WTF is up with these?

The most bizarre thing about the memes that have minions with quotes is that the minions (as far as I can tell) never say anything at all.

Comment

WTF is up with these?

I believe they say "bottom".

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote: Every second thing on Facebook is some picture of them inlcuding a clever message. I've seen the film and... they were not that clever. A side-act. Who in the world decided they were perfect to accompany smug shite?

Oh come on. Lighten up.

You are not their "target demographic"

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Guy Potger wrote:
                          Originally posted by Pietro Paolo Virdis
                          Every second thing on Facebook is some picture of them inlcuding a clever message. I've seen the film and... they were not that clever. A side-act. Who in the world decided they were perfect to accompany smug shite?

Oh come on. Lighten up.

You are not their "target demographic"
                          PPV is setting himself up as the grumpy old man of OTF who gets awfully upset by the most innocuous things. Throw in a few swearwords for effect. It's his shtick.

Comment

WTF is up with these?

I can't be the only one who'd rather watch a whole month of the minions than another second of Bloody Frozen (that capital B is not a typo, it's now officially part of the name).

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Ditto. I finally heard that Bloody Song from it only a month or two ago (Let It Bloody Go) and was (mildly) amazed to discover just how bloody bad it is. I honestly thought I must have missed something, given how inexplicably globe-gobbling it's been and continues to be, as it was so stultifyingly mediocre it sounded like any old number from a second-rate stage musical. My brother pointed out to me that this is (partially, at least) down to how it apparently has to be able to work translated into any of the gazillion languages Disney will attempt to flog the product in across the globe, so anything resembling linguistic invention, wordplay, etc. is ruled out, leaving us with a mere outline of vague optimism and generic 'empowerment'. I'd contend that this still doesn't explain why it's got such a shit tune, mind, but there we go.

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Did you have daughters to take to watch that, or were you coerced by your GF/spouse?

Comment

WTF is up with these?

No, but I do have a young niece and a working Blu-Ray player.

Comment

WTF is up with these?

Velvet Android wrote: Ditto. I finally heard that Bloody Song from it only a month or two ago (Let It Bloody Go) and was (mildly) amazed to discover just how bloody bad it is. I honestly thought I must have missed something, given how inexplicably globe-gobbling it's been and continues to be, as it was so stultifyingly mediocre it sounded like any old number from a second-rate stage musical. My brother pointed out to me that this is (partially, at least) down to how it apparently has to be able to work translated into any of the gazillion languages Disney will attempt to flog the product in across the globe, so anything resembling linguistic invention, wordplay, etc. is ruled out, leaving us with a mere outline of vague optimism and generic 'empowerment'. I'd contend that this still doesn't explain why it's got such a shit tune, mind, but there we go.
                                    I actually completely disagree, it works really well in the story and there is plenty of wordplay dealing with ice and freezing. The first time I saw it (I think my daughter was the only girl in America not to see it in the theater) I understood why it was so popular.

Comment

Working...
                                    X