A tourist in Belfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
    Talking of which, I won't recommend a local game following a feistier than usual Crusaders- Glentoran Cup semi last week. They usually keep propah naughtiness for clashes with Criminville and Linfailed respectively, but this one included a sending off for slapping the ballboy, the visiting keeper miming shooting his gun into the crowd* and more predictably Stanley Baxter offering to fight random passers by

* "I lost it after the sectarian abuse"

With apologies to Mesdames Rogin and Dad...
    I thought both the Crues and Glens have largely binned the sectarian stuff, even when Cliftonville come calling. Is that not the case then ?

Comment

Largely but not totally I think...
      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 04-03-2020, 08:10.

Comment

The road between botanics and the centre gets a little bit ropey I think once you hit the no man's land between the bbc/ concert hall bit and the Uni/Botanics area... at least when I was there last summer there was a young spidey outside a bar getting his nipples rubbed by his wee girlfriend under his basketball top. They were both looking mad out of it on MaDMAn, loud and proud blocking pedestrians from moving freely past the lovely couple. At like 2pm. Though there was also a legalise weed march going on later in the day.

Comment

Spoony is talking about...the Dublin Road

Comment

Well that plan was fun while it lasted! Feel sorry for all the staff at Flybe and also the poor buggers at Belfast City, Exeter and Southampton airports who are all also effectively redundant this morning.

Comment

Does the Titanic museum go into the whole local "What Titanic? What are you talking about, we built so many ships, how can you expect us to remember one in particular you troublemaking Fenian Bastard?" attitude towards the ship in the 1913-1997 period?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                Does the Titanic museum go into the whole local "What Titanic? What are you talking about, we built so many ships, how can you expect us to remember one in particular you troublemaking Fenian Bastard?" attitude towards the ship in the 1913-1997 period?
                1978-97. Even Berba's vivid imagination struggled to kick in before he was born...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X