Aurora Borealis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora Borealis

Anyone in a northern latitude get outside pronto and look upwards. Not too colourful but filling the whole sky.

Aurora Borealis

No sign of it in Chorley yet.

Comment

Aurora Borealis

Not a flicker in Lancaster either. Can you get much further north than that?

Comment

Aurora Borealis

Furthest south photo I've seen so far is from the Highlands, but there's still hope for you lot.

Comment

Aurora Borealis

A weird green haze isn't uncommon over Ordsall. It's why the 24 Hour garage does such a trade in post-midnight snack sales.

Comment

Aurora Borealis

Comment

Aurora Borealis

I saw it from a plane once. It was quite impressive.

Comment

Aurora Borealis

The two CMEs that caused it.

And the view from space:

Comment

Aurora Borealis

Some spectacular photography in the link that GY posted. I was outside last night for some 30-40 minutes. I didn't get to see any of the red tinges unfortunately but otherwise a hugely impressive display.

Comment

Aurora Borealis

Cycling home after an evening out, I got to see a mini-display. It started right in front of me, a thin faint wisp at first, almost like smoke from a chimney. That lasted for maybe a couple of minutes, then suddenly almost the whole northern sky is alight with colour, mostly green but also some vivid red. That didn't last more than a minute and then it settled down, mostly low, just above the horizon in the north, but higher up and more active in the east and, more particularly, north-east. The whole show was over in 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X