Boycott!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott!

http://news.sky.com/story/1445862/stars-support-sir-elton-johns-d-and-g-boycott

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-31907007

Boycott!

Front page of the Telegraph has Elton asking Watford FC fans to join his boycott as well. Not sure that is going to impact D&G's bottom line too much.

As D&G are trying to organise a counter-boycott of Elton, does that mean we are all suddenly obliged to buy one of his songs?!?

Comment

Boycott!

Who made him boss of the gays, anyway?

Comment

Boycott!

Stick to Westwood, darlings!

Comment

Boycott!

Janik wrote: Front page of the Telegraph has Elton asking Watford FC fans to join his boycott as well. Not sure that is going to impact D&G's bottom line too much.
          Probably not, although like most fashion houses D&G almost certainly make most of their profit from the relatively low-priced, high-margin products like perfumes and sunnies that you can buy in Boots, rather than the £10k gowns which are most likely loss leaders.

Comment

Boycott!

Very true, though there's also a genuine question as to whether D&G would actually make any money if it wasn't for their rather Byzantine tax structure (which is under attack by the authorities).

I wonder if this will ultimately result in Leo Messi not having another polka-dotted evening suit to wear to the next Ballon d'Or ceremony.

Comment

Boycott!

ursus arctos wrote: I wonder if this will ultimately result in Leo Messi not having another polka-dotted evening suit to wear to the next Ballon d'Or ceremony.
              Hang on - it could actually be that serious?

Comment

Boycott!

D&G use fur in their collections. That put me off them.

I have an ancient pair of boots by them and a dress, and used to wear their perfumes, but I moved on. Not a full-on "boycott".

Comment

Boycott!

I hope this blows over before June. I'm taking my parents to see Elton at the Bescot and things could get well moody if the top boys from the D&G concession at Selfridges get tooled up and hop onto the 51 looking for bother.

Comment

Working...
                  X