Anyone else played 2048?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else played 2048?

I normally dont play games on phones but this one has me hooked, with it's simplictity, and massive capacity to annoy the shit out of me.

http://2048game.com/

* Oh I can link!

Anyone else played 2048?

Nice to have you back, Gero.

No, really it is.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

You should try Crossy Road. That is killing me right now.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

I agree with Ursus.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

I sort of assumed that SOMEONE was playing it.

I first saw some guy playing it on the tube about 4 weeks ago, and I wondered what it was. And then I saw someone on a bus playing what looked very similar, so I nudged them and asked what it was.

And 3 weeks later, I am still playing the bastard. Not all day, everyday, but at least 10 per day, and I am still no further than 1024.

Good fun though.

*I should point out that I only recently got around to buying an XBox 360, so I is not current. But that Kinetic thing is bloody funny, especially when you have a 20st man throwing himself around the room, pretending to jump over waterfalls in a kayak.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

I have it on my phone, I am shit on it having never got a block of more than 256.

There's a homebrew port on the Mega Drive - I'd probably be better at that although I'd probably get bored after five minutes and play Road Rash or Street Fighter II instead...

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

Apparently there is a version of 2048 whereby you can undo your steps if you go wrong which is how someone I know with far too much time on their hands managed to get a score of 16384.

My latest fave is this puzzle.

Set Game

I did it today in 2 minutes 17, but other days have taken much, much longer.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

caja-dglh wrote: You should try Crossy Road. That is killing me right now.
                Still can't get beyond 60.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

I hit 206 midweek. My colleague (who is working in my office while in town) hit 311 the next night at his hotel.

It is horribly addictive.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

Jesus. There comes a point where I just panic and just can't concentrate on it any more. It is addictive, though.

Comment

Anyone else played 2048?

Practice/experience counts for a lot with this game. It took me several weeks of an hour or so each day before I got my first 2048, but after a few months' experience you get a feel for what works, almost an instinctive feel for best move, such that I now get 2048 on about 40 to 50 per cent of attempts and have got to 4096 several times. My top score is in the low 60,000s, which I got with a 4096 and a 1024 on the board.

I find that 16384 anecdote incredible, if you mean on the standard 4x4 grid. 16384 is 2^14, and with only 16 squares on the board that sounds barely possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X