Employment Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment Law

Call me Mr Thicky, but doesn't it constitute grounds for instant dismissal if you assault a colleague while at work?

(I'm asking for a friend, you understand…)

Employment Law

Depends on the terms of your contract, but I can't imagine that any employers wouldn't have that clause inserted.

In other news, I punched a co-worker this morning and have been suspended from work. So, someone has set up a petition to get me reinstated (I was on a final warning after all those racist things I said), and if you don't sign it, you're a COMMUNIST.

Comment

Employment Law

He'll be suspended pending an investigation I would have thought. Got to do it by the book if their neighbour is the PM.

Comment

Employment Law

Call me Mr Thicky, but doesn't it constitute grounds for criminal prosecution if you assault a colleague (or anyone else for that matter)?

That could fuck up any chance of going to America to, say, make a jokey film of you and your mates driving cars around Daytona. They won't let you into the USA anymore if you've got a criminal record.

Comment

Employment Law

My Name Is Ian wrote: Depends on the terms of your contract, but I can't imagine that any employers wouldn't have that clause inserted.

In other news, I punched a co-worker this morning and have been suspended from work. So, someone has set up a petition to get me reinstated (I was on a final warning after all those racist things I said), and if you don't sign it, you're a COMMUNIST.
          On whose behalf did you think I was asking?

(Clue. It's not you. It's the bloke you hit. So no - you can paint me red and call me "Louis")

Comment

Employment Law

But I don't think you understand, Guy. My right to earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a year and behave in any way I want to, regardless of any ramifications, is inalienable. This has been proved again and again over years, when I was a racist and my employers didn't do anything about it. Apart from the final warning,.. They did issue me with that. I mean, for God's sake, my tea wasn't on time. He deserved everything that he got. It's political correctness gone mad.

Rogin: Anybody who did commit this offence might have an out on exclusion from the USA, in that assault isn't classified as a "crime of moral turpitude," which is one of the exclusions for travelling on the visa waiver programme. I'd suggest that Guy's co-worker forgoes an ESTA for future travel and gets a visa for future trips to the USA, though, and remind him or her that even having a visa doesn't guarantee entry into the USA at the Port of Entry.

Comment

Working...
            X