More whining liberals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More whining liberals

Today it's Tim Lott who needs to fuck off. And his mates.

Nick Cohen, Christopher Hitchens, David Aaronovich, Julie Burchill, Julie Bindel and others have often been at the rough end of this debate, for daring to voice opinions of their own that do not fit the overarching narrative.
    Diddums. Go fuck yourselves.

More whining liberals

Basically an updated prose version of this, right

(oh, it's not a parody...)

Comment

More whining liberals

Journalists aren't coping with this being held accountable for shit they write thing, are they? "You're freezing my peach!"

Comment

More whining liberals

TonTon wrote: Today it's Tim Lott who needs to fuck off. And his mates.

Nick Cohen, Christopher Hitchens, David Aaronovich, Julie Burchill, Julie Bindel and others have often been at the rough end of this debate, for daring to voice opinions of their own that do not fit the overarching narrative.
        Diddums. Go fuck yourselves.
        Link for anyone who wants to read the original piece.

My stance on these issues makes some people in my “tribe” very angry. It is the anger of the pure believer towards the apostate
        That Phil Ochs song was interesting but his voice is a bit on the irritating side.

Comment

More whining liberals

Time to decide, kids. Do you want to be on the same side as David Aaronovitch and Julie Burchill? Or do you want to be WRONG?

Comment

More whining liberals

If you want to read an even worse article by this guy from 2005...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/tim-lott-because-of-the-bombings-ive-left-the-left-502759.html

Comment

More whining liberals

That's an astonishingly bad piece of writing - self-pitying, self-absorbed and bereft of all substance, context and knowledge.

This is a good riposte.

I mean, the people suffering most here are Julie Burchill and David Aaranovitch?! Beyond parody.

Comment

More whining liberals

The myth of the poor, silenced literati

I met Lott once, oddly enough at a dinner party (well, barbecue) hosted by an old friend of mine. Found out later that said friend's wife was somewhat scandalised by my 'unconventional' appearance (a 'man' wearing a skirt, the horror) and I've not been invited there since. Liberals are lovely.

Comment

More whining liberals

I thought Lott’s piece was brave, defending as it did that most marginalized, disenfranchised and censored section of the commentariat- Those who only have high profile weekly columns in major national newspapers and magazines, highly publicized books, TV programmes and twitter accounts in which to loudly spout off about Islam, support bombing the shit out of various Middle Eastern and Arab countries and bemoan the fact that they are not allowed to say what they want to say whilst saying it. Regularly.

Truly the oppressed and I’m glad to see Lott giving them a voice.

Comment

More whining liberals

I hope that he gets some dinner party invitations off the back of that piece. He deserves them.

Comment

More whining liberals

Are these the dinner parties where liberals drink fair trade coffee but then all do cocaine? Nick Cohen went on about those a few years ago.

Comment

More whining liberals

People who do cocaine with others are weird. Do it on your own, in the dark, crippled by guilt and regret and with the tears making the lines so moist you can't snort them you have to lick them. It's 2015 ffs, people.

Comment

More whining liberals

What's the point in paying good money to turn yourself into even more of a boring arrogant prick if you aren't going to share that state with others?

Comment

More whining liberals

I'm really funny when I'm on drugs.

Comment

More whining liberals

The Ballad Of Lightbowne Lil wrote: People who do cocaine with others are weird. Do it on your own, in the dark, crippled by guilt and regret and with the tears making the lines so moist you can't snort them you have to lick them. It's 2015 ffs, people.
                              Are you sure you're not confusing it with wanking?

Comment

More whining liberals

TonTon wrote: What's the point in paying good money to turn yourself into even more of a boring arrogant prick if you aren't going to share that state with others?
                                Because unless you're doing drugs to deaden the pain and shut out the outside world, you're doing them wrong.

Comment

More whining liberals

That's not what coke is for, daft bastard.

Comment

More whining liberals

delicatemoth wrote: Found out later that said friend's wife was somewhat scandalised by my 'unconventional' appearance (a 'man' wearing a skirt, the horror)
                                    Do tell us more.

Comment

More whining liberals

He's the one who's desperate to be part of a tribe. He's on the right wing of the Labour Party. Admit it and grow a pair.

Comment

More whining liberals

This is just like last months Observer letter where well known activists, academics and writers all wrote about how free-speech is being suppressed because Julie Bindel is no-platformed by the NUS for saying that trans people should have therapy, and Kate "sex workers are responsible for rape" Smurthwaite has a free gig cancelled because she could only shift eight tickets but tried to blamed it on people protesting against her.

Obviously people like signatories Peter Tatchell and Germaine Greer are all for free speech unless you protest against them, which is brilliantly broken down here.

Comment

More whining liberals

Yeah, that's a really good piece. Don't agree with all of it, of course, but it's a genuine contribution.

Comment

Working...
                                          X