Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you drive around on mopeds in your youth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, my first bike was a used Fantic Motor 50cc enduro, excatly teh model pictured below, but a 50cc version. Beautiful and horrible bike at once. To this day it is still the worst purchase I've ever made, not only it wasn't legal (it required a motorcycle permit which I couldn't even attempt because I wasn't 16yo) but it seized because I screwed up the motor oil/gas mix (you had to have 6% motor oil mixed into the gas).

It sounded a lot like the chopper GHE linked above, only louder, when it did run that is, because all the power was at high RPMs. Same irregular idling. It was actually so loud that when I would sneak out from home late at night I would have to walk the bike for two blocks so that my mother wouldn't hear me leaving.

Comment

BSA 250cc motorcycle, as soon as I could. Stayed with bikes on and off and on till the last off.

Scooters are for mum's - mine had one and fell off immediately, badly braking one leg.

Moped's are the devil's work, apart from the one the girl from Pizza Hut uses to bring me my extra hot meat feast.

Comment

Huhr huhr...

Comment

Can I just say that every time I read this thread title I see 'Did you drive around on mopeds in your mouth ?' ?

Which of course doesn't make sense, but there you have it.

Whew. I feel so much lighter now.

Comment

Bollocks, this thread is giving me an Funky Moped earworm.

Comment

Other moped-related earworm, Robert Seidler's "Christian Boy", for American gen-Xers:

"No more scooter rides in the cemetary"

Comment

Working...
              X