Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTF Friday Night Festivities Club

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Your Usual Table; 02-11-2021, 15:00.

Just watched the Joy Division documentary on BBC 4 and now it's 'Synth Britannia At The BBC' that's on (again!). I've just cracked open my second pint of 'Old Golden Hen' (£1:24 at Tesco) and I'll probably wait until The Human League's 'The Path Of Least Resistance' has finished and then I'll switch channel and look for something I haven't seen before. Failing that, I think I might have a tinkle on a synth of my own.

Comment

Renart Jr.'s football practice (this evening) and match (early Saturday morning) were called off due to inclement weather, so I reckon I will buy some good beer at the supermarket and, after the rest of the fam have gone to sleep, drink it and watch Star Trek late into the night in celebration of Leonard Nimoy.

Comment

I missed this, sorry:

ms felicity went to Norwich in a belated half-term visit, so I drank some Berliner Kindl (Aldi's, 99p) and concocted some pork-based Spanish rice dish while listening to Microdisney, Easterhouse, Steely Dan and Spearhead on the ipod.

Then, while eating the dish, I watched Ascension, which a colleague told me was half-decent sci-fi telly. yeah, maybe so.

Comment

Carnivorous Vulgaris wrote: Ever played the Roland SH-201?
          No. Have you got one? I have to say the (user) reviews of it that I've read haven't been flattering, so I haven't prioritised it. (And I'm not an analogue snob - quite the opposite. I go out of my way to find underrated - even scorned - non-analogue synths that are actually quite good.) One day I'll get an SH-201 ...when I can find one for a pittance, as with most of my synths!

One of my friends had his one customized in more 'traditional' all-black Roland livery, and I have to say it looked fucking lovely. Sadly, he's taken the photos down now, so I can't paste them here.

Comment

The phone rang but I ignored it.

Photoshop CC'd photos of the Tyndale Monument in North Nibley with a glass of Castillo San Lorenzo (half price - tidy). It felt like the first day of Spring today. Green shoots.

Picked my father and his mate up late on. Watched Gogglebox, watching Eastenders right now.

Comment

Date night tonight. With a nearly 3 year old. She didn't misbehave and ate a good two full slices of pizza, to the amazement of the old couple sat next to us.

She was in bed by eight as she had napped. I have been getting some bits of work done (though questioning the point a little).

I think I may ruin my own life and get her a Monotron soon.

Comment

With my cans of joy - that's cider to you and me - I'll be scouring the TV channels and my own DVD/Blu-Ray collection to seek visual entertainment of some kind. And I'll probably be doing the same again after half-an-hour when I realise that I don't bloody know what the hell I want to do, watch or be interested in. Same as usual, then.

Comment

Last night was a belter, we got in from buying a sofa at DFS and a carpet at Carpetright - classy, us - then we atomised: I watched Charlie Brooker on the iPlayer (he can't cope with a weekly programme, needs to do it once a month) whilst Ms johnr watched Wolf Hall and the Sewing Bee. I got stoned, she got the fumes. An early night, it's amazing how much sofa/carpet shopping can take out of one.

Tonight, a few pints with the in-laws in a decent pub in Shoreham that serves good London Pride. Now, I'm typing this having watched Reinventing the Royals (shit) whilst waiting for Match of the Day and/or (depending on when the fight starts) the Frampton fight. I'm getting stoned whilst guzzling a fine Rioja, and Ms johnr is vaping whilst watching a film called Tracks on Netflix. And just pouring herself some Fosters.

But it's early yet, we'll probably break out the coke and invite some friends round for a sex party any moment now.

Comment

Felicity, I guess so wrote: I drank some Berliner Kindl (Aldi's, 99p)
                    What what? That's tomorrow afternoon sorted then - the buying thereof rather than the drinking thereof, the latter will take several weeks.

Comment

The cub didn't stir until 10:07 this morning. Which for a 22 month old, even one as good at kipping as mine, is miraculous.
                      Especially given that P has a shocking cold so is bed ridden, and I spent until 1.30 this morning drinking red wine, playing tiger Woods.

Comment

So...you fucked a Waffle House hostess and then drove into a tree?

Comment

Working...
                        X