Interview advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview advice

Just got an interview for a really good graduate job (as a school librarian). They've told me to bring my favourite book and one which would motivate a reluctant 11-year-old reader. Any advice boys?

Comment

Interview advice

Oh - and well done Toby!

Comment

Interview advice

Thanks again all!

Comment

Interview advice

Haussmann wrote: Just got an interview for a really good graduate job (as a school librarian). They've told me to bring my favourite book and one which would motivate a reluctant 11-year-old reader. Any advice boys?
          American Psycho. that should cover both bases.

Comment

Interview advice

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which will actually cover both bases.

EDIT: As long as you're either me or a reluctant 11 year old reader.

Comment

Interview advice

Toby Gymshorts wrote: I'm being offered the job, just waiting for confirmation of final terms, etc.

I might - MIGHT - have a beer tonight to celebrate.
              Belated congratulations!

Comment

Interview advice

Belated thanks!

Comment

Interview advice

Well in! But remember what I said.

I'm going to have to dust down the interview shoes now an all, given my (former) employers have told me they've accepted a verbal resignation I didn't give. Apparently it's to save on the hassle of the disciplinary process. Which is fair enough, they got me fairly and squarely. But I really resent missing out on them squirming as they fuck up the disciplinary process as they try and fire me.

Comment

Interview advice

Haussmann wrote: Just got an interview for a really good graduate job (as a school librarian). They've told me to bring my favourite book and one which would motivate a reluctant 11-year-old reader. Any advice boys?
                    My daughter is 11 and while Jacqueline Wilson is more her thing she quite likes Michael Morpurgo, who my son enjoyed at a similar age.

Comment

Interview advice

Formal offer letter arrived today, notice will be handed in tomorrow after I've had a chance to read my new contract later.

Now happysadexcitednervous.

Comment

Working...
                      X