invite you to

A Gala Celebration in honour of Kevin Spacey,
    Artistic Director of The Old Vic 2003 to 2015

Hosted by Hugh Bonneville, and to include
    performances from Sting and Annie Lennox
    with other celebrated performers still to be announced

Sunday 19 April 2015

Dress code: Black Tie
    I should clarify that 'you' in this context means 'anyone who has booked a ticket at the Old Vic, ever'.

Resistible offers from your inbox

Sting AND Annie Lennox? OTF's dream bill.

I today received an invitation from Arsenal to become a "red" member. You pay about £40 a year to merely get the chance to buy tickets (3,500 are reserved for red members each home game). No guarantee mind... And for a bargain £4 a year they'll add you to the season ticket waiting list. The perils of BRC support I guess.

Comment

Leicester City "Gold" membership is £75/year. Benefits are about the same. Not just BRCs.

But anyway, I'm obviously out of touch. I didn't realise Annie Lennox was an OTF hate figure.

Comment

Hmm, I thought that I felt special, but now I realise that only paying for marginal ticket booking advantages will make me feel really special.

Are memberships for places like the South Bank and the Tate still a big thing like they were ten or so years ago? I gradually let any things like that I had lapse over time.

Comment

I've always wondered what "Dress code: Black Tie" means.
          (I'm from Sweden, before you bloody lurkers start)

Does it mean you must wear a black tie? Or does it mean you can wear any fuckin' tie you want as long as you wear a tux?

By the way, Oscars seems to be a Black tie event. Which is fine. And it's fine that some don't abide by the rules. But one who bothers me no end is Jared Leto.

Who the fuck is Jared Leto? Who the fuck are you Jared? He turns up at every bloody Oscar either sat in the front row or preseneting an Oscar or both. Always in shoes the size he could sail the Atlantic in, always a light pink or light blue suit and always hair down to his hip. Can he be cast in anything beyond a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar?

I can't remember seeing him in one single movie. And I watch a lot of films. Does he hibernate in the Oscar theater for 364 days then pop out for one day?

Comment

He won the supporting actor Oscar last year for Dallas Buyer's Club, and he was in Fight Club, Requiem for a Dream, and Prefontaine.

I agree with you that he is annoying, though.

Comment

I would have guessed he delivered the Oscar for best male supporting actor last year. At most.
              I have no recollection of him whatsoever in Fight Club. Same in Requiem. I haven't even heard of the last one,

He might as well be the damn Oscar statue. Nail him to a pedestal an etch the winner's names on it.

Comment

He was also in My so-called life. I only know this thanks to Simon Amstell's stand up.

Comment

He was in Panic Room.

He is also the lead singer in Thirty Seconds to Mars and that gives him some rock cred with the kids, instead of all those crusty movie directors and plasticated actors, I'd guess.

Comment

Or it just files him alongside every other Hollywood actor who moonlights with some dodgy band or other.

Comment

Working...
                    X