"Darling? Get me the keys to t'Jag, will ya?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And get your fooking hat off the passenger seat. I've been made a spokesman for climate bloody change

That's a pitiful attempt at a Yorkshire accent, Rogin. And why does he start out like he's in an episode of Terry and June?
    "Ey oop, luv, gerrus t'keys fert Jag, will thee?" would be a far more likely opener.

Comment

Why is Prescott asking the former Chancellor of the Exchequer to fetch his car keys?

Comment

Prescott was born in North Wales and went to school in Yorkshire and Ellesmere Port. I'd say it would be hard to pin down his accent to one place.

Comment

It would be "Appen I need keys t'Jag". A Yorkshireman would bever use three words where one would do.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: It would be "Appen I need keys t'Jag". A Yorkshireman would bever use three words where one would do.
            But he's Welsh.

Comment

It depends which part of Yorkshire he is from*

"Ge mi keys fot Jag, will tha?" Would be about right for Barnsley,

*If he is/was from Yorkshire etc.

Comment

I think he might be alright for Climate Change (ever the optimist).

Comment

Isn't it just hilarious, tho' that Labour think: 'Hmm, losing touch with our core voters...quick, call for the fat bloke with the Northern accent!'

Comment

Fook? Is he a Mancunian being transcribed by the NME in the late 80s/early 90s?

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote: Prescott was born in North Wales and went to school in Yorkshire and Ellesmere Port. I'd say it would be hard to pin down his accent to one place.
                      One of the vanishingly small number of claims to fame I have is that my uncle was in the same year at school with Prescott. West Cheshire College (on the site of the then Grange Secondary Modern)now has the grandly titled 'John Prescott Theatre' amongst it's many attractions for potential students.

As to his accent I would agree, it does seem to be a combination of all the places you mention - the Chester accent is definately in there to my ear.

Comment

Working...
                      X