Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattoo addiction

On Channel 4 now. Watch it on 4-OD.

There's a bloke at the start who has a tattoo of Katie Price with "Rape Me!" written across her tits. The last bloke on the episode is getting a huge tattoo of Adolf Hitler, holding a gas bill. He reckons it's "satire". The Tattooist agrees it's hugely irresponsible. But has done it anyway.

I mean just wow, and wow.

Tattoo addiction

That is nothing compared to the girl that had "Drake" tattooed on her forehead and, fair play to him, Drake got into a slanging match with the tattooist.

Mind you, my mate is going through a bit of a midlife crisis with tattoos. He has always had some but he has had about 6 new ones since September. It wouldn't be so bad but he had one on his arm which he couldn't see properly so had another one exactly the same on a part of his arm he could see. The one he has had done today is a Godzilla on another part of his arm he can't see.

Comment

Tattoo addiction

I actually did a unit on 'tattooing, piercing and body modification' on my sociology degree a good few years back. The main insight was that people use it as a way of 'anchoring' their identity by having something permanent etched on them and that the pain and process of caring for it just after it's done are all part of the appeal.

If you think about football crest tattoos that certainly holds true, it's a way of demonstrating a permanent allegiance and going through the pain to do so is a way of showing your devotion - a bit like when Donal Macintyre the investigative programme maker got that Chelsea tattoo as part of infiltrating the Headhunters

Comment

Tattoo addiction

Football crest tattoos, names of your children, "Mum" in a heart, all ones I can understand.

But a cartoon of Adolf Hitler holding a gas bill? Seriously? I can't imagine anyone finding it funny to have that on a T-shirt, let alone permanently inked on their body.

Comment

Tattoo addiction

It seems someone's working on a tattoo-removal cream.

Which I'm not happy about as I'm looking forward to laughing at badly thought-out tattoos that can't be removed, in the coming years.

Comment

Tattoo addiction

Best idiot with a tattoo story has to be that EDL guy who had a tat of a mosque with an explosion and Boom written in it. Then after being publicly humiliated he had the Boom inked out so now he just has a huge silhouette of a mosque.

Comment

Working...
            X