Peter Oborne and the Daily Telegraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger Yellow wrote: Private Eye, unsurprisingly, goes into some detail on the events leading up to the Oborne resignation.
    That's quite impressive, given the story only broke on (I think) Tuesday. I'm assuming their print deadline is Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Comment

The Daily Telegraph is now using suicide to score cheap points off other papers.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/21/daily-telegraphs-suicides-story-gets-scathing-twitter-response

Comment

It doesn't directly reference the resignation, so I assume it was written before he went public, though he may have been a source.

Comment

The Daily Telegraph is now using suicide to score cheap points off other papers.

You could argue that the Telegraph is going through some slow form of the process. It appears to be imploding steadily.

Comment

A little background to this story, with claims that the 'anonymous Telegraph reporter' has a name and that he was most likely pressured in to doing it by management.

Comment

That Suicide article is both very very unpleasant and suggests an organisation with a shrinking purchase on reality.

This is quite funny

Peter Oborne has thrush

Comment

Well it made me chuckle. You wonder about the thought process that rationalise such a transparent, immoral and petty attack. Proper playground stuff - "yeah, miss, but look what Timmy did".

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: Well it made me chuckle. You wonder about the thought process that rationalise such a transparent, immoral and petty attack. Proper playground stuff - "yeah, miss, but look what Timmy did".
                  Obviously panic is clouding their judgment. It's like watching a car crash.

Comment

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/the-daily-telegraphs-promise-to-its-readers-sponsored-by-canesten-2015022095559

Comment

As predicted by Private Eye some months ago, "pointyhead" Jason Seiken has left the Telegraph.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/jason-seiken-resignation-telegraph-editorinchief-quits-after-just-18-months-in-role-10151966.html

Comment

Given the UKIP sympathies of lots of their readers, I can't see this fawning over Cameron going down all that well.

Comment

Henry Winter's now departed. Not a favourite of this board, but he'll be better than the YTS boy that they replace him with.

Comment

Where are you getting that from, Tubbs?

Comment

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/231d010e-d932-11e4-a8f1-00144feab7de.html#axzz3WAJt8DQ9

Not confirmed, I now see.

Comment

Working...
                              X