autoplay ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoplay ads

Sorry if I missed this previously, but where do you stop the ads on the right hand side being autoplay?

autoplay ads

Adblock Plus and/or Flash Block will sort you out there. Installing them is just a matter of which browser you're using on what device.

Comment

autoplay ads

If it's Flash, Google Chrome lets you stop plug-ins autoplaying in the settings. Firefox needs a plug-in I think. As for Internet Explorer, I've no idea.

Usually works, but some ads might use HTML 5 video, which is another kettle of fish.

I don't advocate AdBlock. For one, they operate like a protection racket; more importantly, they deprive the site of ad revenue.

Comment

autoplay ads

You can go into Adblock's settings and whitelist sites you want to support - it's just a matter of clicking on the icon and disabling it for that particular page/site - but if you want an alternative you can use a small executable file like Ad Muncher which does much the same thing but works irrespective of which browser you have.

Either way it's imperative you have something to block all those malicious pop-ups that can appear if you accidentally click the wrong thing because your anti-virus may not always protect you.

Comment

autoplay ads

If a website has an autoplay ad then I usually stop it from playing by leaving the website.

Comment

Working...
          X