Samsung.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung.

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Yeah, the first bit is what I meant. Not enough sleep last night has rendered me a bit fuzzy-headed.
    Analogue speaker cable just needs to be of low impedance and contain sufficient copper wire. And preferably be shielded (covered in plastic).

Which means you need to spend, I dunno … 50p per metre?

Comment

Samsung.

Thereabouts, yeah. I happened to be in Richer Sounds yesterday, buying some new earphones, and they had a display of speaker cable on the counter. I don't know if the guy behind the counter spotted my look of contempt or not.

Comment

Samsung.

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
        Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts
        Yeah, the first bit is what I meant. Not enough sleep last night has rendered me a bit fuzzy-headed.
        Analogue speaker cable just needs to be of low impedance and contain sufficient copper wire. And preferably be shielded (covered in plastic).

Which means you need to spend, I dunno … 50p per metre?
        It can be a bit more complex than that. You have to take into account the thickness of the wire, especially if its a longer run or you are driving more powerful speakers.

Comment

Samsung.

Speaking of Speaker Wire, what of this below for decent wire. Does this pass the muster Toby as i'm thinking of getting it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CZD6Y2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2STM0D6P MSDGV

Comment

Samsung.

Tactical Genius wrote: It can be a bit more complex than that. You have to take into account the thickness of the wire, especially if its a longer run or you are driving more powerful speakers.
            Yes, you're right. I wrote 'sufficient copper wire' out of laziness.

Comment

Samsung.

Tactical Genius wrote: Speaking of Speaker Wire, what of this below for decent wire. Does this pass the muster Toby as i'm thinking of getting it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CZD6Y2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2STM0D6P MSDGV
              No idea. I'm pretty much fronting on nowt, as I have no idea what it means to be an audiophile. My stereo has the speakers and cables that came in the box, and it sounds fine to me.

Comment

Samsung.

Wireless HDMI: these Danish lads have nailed it.

Bit pricey, but it does everything that Google Chromecast refuses to do.

Comment

Samsung.

Antonio Pulisao wrote: Wireless HDMI: these Danish lads have nailed it.

Bit pricey, but it does everything that Google Chromecast refuses to do.
                  Interesting, but expensive. But I can generally do all that with my Android-Chromecast combo, with the exception of screen extension.

Would be good for the office though.

Comment

Samsung.

You can do screen mirroring on Android/Chromecast, but only on some devices.

Comment

Samsung.

Google Slides baffles me somewhat. There's a great opportunity here to cast slides to a monitor, while having thumbnails of the current slide, next slide and your speaker's notes on your mobile or tablet.

Unfortunately all you can realistically do is mirror the screen of your phone or tablet.

Comment

Working...
                      X