Wearing pyjamas/dressing gowns outside the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOM wrote: What type of electric have you had success with, Egg old man?

I've dabbled with electric a few times and never found anything that didn't feel like I was using an orbital sander on my face.
    This one.

Used me Christmas money. Can't fault it.

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
        Originally posted by WOM
        Originally posted by hobbes
        Yes, flip flops are the worst thing ever invented.
        Rightness.
        Not quite the worst thing - playing cards are the worst thing ever invented - but definitely in the top five.
        Remind us to take these off your christmas list then:

Comment

Shaving is a mug's game. People who shave every day and who wear suits to work have my sympathy, pity and scorn all rolled into work. Drones for the man, maaaaan.

I shave once every couple of weeks or so. I don't own a suit. Some weeks I can't afford to eat, but fuck you guys, I'm free like an Ikea pencil.

Comment

The Ballad Of Lightbowne Lil wrote: Shaving is a mug's game. People who shave every day and who wear suits to work have my sympathy, pity and scorn all rolled into work. Drones for the man, maaaaan.
            Some of us shave not because our paymasters tell us to, but because we look (even more) like shit if we don't.

I'm free like an Ikea pencil.

I once saw somebody get rebuked for pocketing an Ikea pencil. It was only a mild rebuke - "Ha, ha, I saw you do that, nicking our pencils and thinking nobody saw you, you scamp, ha ha", but still.

Comment

I haven't shaved for almost two weeks. No-one at work has said anything.

Comment

I am not a slipper fellow - I trip over , especially going up stairs (for the ones with no backs) and the ones with a back seem too much hassle to put on - so socks.

Trouble is my socks wear out quickly if I am in indoors alot. But on nice slippy floors they are great for sliding around.

My wife bought onesies for two of the kids at Primark (hey living over here Primark is a novelty shop) - I throw things at them whenever they wear them as I hate onesies and PJ's and the like.
                Skiddies and tee shirts max for me.

Comment

You can get socks with sort of grippy soles, "slipper socks".

Comment

Totes Toasties™ of this parish, with their built-in grips. Not the easiest thing to launder, it must be said.

Comment

Greetings, had to register with the site to express my amazement that a topic on pyjamas has reached page 8 without any mention of the Lounging Pant. A hybrid of the pyjama bottom and the jogging bottom, usually found in jaunty tartan, with draw string never tied.

I'm rarely out of mine between the hours of 6pm and 8am weekdays, and anything beyond at a weekend.

Comment

Hmm, low standards. I like that in a man. Welcome.

Comment

That's seen him off. :-)

Comment

Thanks, I'm still here. I take my relaxation very seriously.

Comment

I've got a pair of those, but they're back up to my vintage adidas track pants (in red).

Comment

Oi bub: I got loungewear in on page 2 or something. But I'll let you off due to your obvious taste in such matters. And welcome.

The non-tartan variety are almost something you could wear outdoors to the corner shop, but I'd still expect to be judged by all and sundry on OTF if I actually did it.

Comment

I'm wearing Vivienne Westwood arm warmers at the moment.

They're like leg warmers, and could indeed be worn on the legs. They're quite cosy.

Comment

The Ballad Of Lightbowne Lil wrote: Shaving is a mug's game.
                                    A shaving mug, yesterday.

Comment

Anorak Smith wrote: Greetings, had to register with the site to express my amazement that a topic on pyjamas has reached page 8 without any mention of the Lounging Pant. A hybrid of the pyjama bottom and the jogging bottom, usually found in jaunty tartan, with draw string never tied.

I'm rarely out of mine between the hours of 6pm and 8am weekdays, and anything beyond at a weekend.
                                      What makes these not pyjamas? Is the material/fabric different?

I had a friend in college who always wore track pants at home. He didn't wear them to sleep, and he didn't wear them outside the house. He called them his "house pants." (replace "trousers" for "pants" in the previous paragraph as needed).

Comment

The non-tartan variety are almost something you could wear outdoors to the corner shop,

I didn't realise so many people on OTF lived so close to the 'corner shop'.

The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With, for example, lives very close to the centre of one of western Europe's ten largest cities. However, if she 'popped out' to the 'corner shop' now, dressed only in her nightgown and slippers*, she'd die of hypothermia before she got back. The nearest shop is at least eight minutes' walk away.

* She owns neither a nightgown nor slippers. If she did, I wouldn't be married to her.

Comment

treibeis wrote: However, if she 'popped out' to the 'corner shop' now, dressed only in her nightgown and slippers*, she'd die of hypothermia before she got back. The nearest shop is at least eight minutes' walk away.
                                          I live in outer suburban Toronto. I envy her the convenience.

Comment

MsD wrote: I'm wearing Vivienne Westwood arm warmers at the moment.
                                            Different worlds, eh? We call them sleeves.

They're like leg warmers, and could indeed be worn on the legs. They're quite cosy.
                                            My Mrs is on a new bender: she buys old sweaters at charity shops and turns the sleeves into leg warmers, with a bit of additional edging and ornamentation and whatnot. They're quite neat.

Comment

incandenza wrote:

I had a friend in college who always wore track pants at home. He didn't wear them to sleep, and he didn't wear them outside the house. He called them his "house pants." (replace "trousers" for "pants" in the previous paragraph as needed).
                                              This is me all over. I wear a T-shirt and track pants or lounging pants at home and wear proper clothes when I'm out and about. Pool shoes indoors because they're comfy on my feet. Separate clothes for sleeping and I change my top when I'm cooking.

Comment

Pool shoes? Do you mean flip-flops or those stretchy neoprene ones?

Comment

I wear shorts and a t-shirt for lazing around the house. I see no point in wearing anything else.

Comment

WOM wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by MsD
                                                    I'm wearing Vivienne Westwood arm warmers at the moment.
                                                    Different worlds, eh? We call them sleeves.

My Mrs is on a new bender: she buys old sweaters at charity shops and turns the sleeves into leg warmers, with a bit of additional edging and ornamentation and whatnot. They're quite neat.
                                                    Well, not so different, then, it's just that I buy mine at VW and wear them on my arms. They were actually in the men's range and have slogans "STOP CLIMATE CHANGE" on one and "DO IT YOURSELF" on the other.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X