Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most shameful amount of money you've spent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...on the most shameful thing.

Rogin, you win. We all know you have every Liverpool shirt going back to 1686 when Liverpool wasn't even a wank in the ancestors of Bill Shankly's rear view mirror of perversions. So you're a safe winner. But let's have a runner up competition.
    (Some of EIM's terrible food should qualify automatically)

A pair of cowboy boots in snake skin late 1980's which I wore once. The length of one shoe was more inches than from my own thigh to toe. The boots pointed upwards at the front also. Making me look like some cunt out of a Lucky Luke movie never filmed.

Everything I have ever bought has been of immaculate quality.

Comment

Every pair of plimsolls that Erik's has ever bought, for starters.

Comment

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Possibly only the red Stan Smith comfort that didn't even fit.

Comment

40 quid on an oxo cube that I'd been told was finest quality Moroccan hashish.

Comment

The Ballad Of Lightbowne Lil wrote: WOAH WOAH WOAH. Possibly only the red Stan Smith comfort that didn't even fit.
            You must have paid more than a tenner for others as well, though.

Comment

La Lanterne Rouge wrote: 40 quid on an oxo cube that I'd been told was finest quality Moroccan hashish.
              Why didn't you smell it first?

Comment

Just before Christmas, I spent $500 on an original painting. Prior to that, it was $25 for prints or posters, tops.

Other than that, a motorbike for $3750. I don't know if that's shameful or not, but it's certainly a non-essential.

Comment

£106 on two ties from the Paul Smith shop in Covent Garden. I was drunk.

Comment

The £000s I spent on tabs.

Comment

I spent almost $200 on a kitchen trash can (what do you call them over there, dustbins?) made by "simplehuman".

The worst thing about it is that it was actually worth it. This thing is the greatest trash can I've ever had.

Comment

Which one?

We have the split trash/recycling one, which is awesome.

Comment

About £1,000. To cheer myself up, when my former girlfriend moved out. I don't regret it one bit.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Which one?

We have the split trash/recycling one, which is awesome.
                            I don't know the exact model, but it's a 14-gallon rectangular one with a step opener and little tab that will keep it open for when you're trimming veggies, etc.

Comment

Pretty much every house I've bought. Mainly because it was perpetuating the Thatcherite "Every one should be houseowners/mortgage slave" myth

Comment

£800 on a Roland Juno 60 with metal flightcase and a Kenton Pro III MIDI-to-DCB converter.

I don't expect you to understand that - I'm just subconsciously trying to justify myself.

Mind you, that package would go for over £1200 now!

Comment

Amor de Cosmos wrote:
                                  Originally posted by La Lanterne Rouge
                                  40 quid on an oxo cube that I'd been told was finest quality Moroccan hashish.
                                  Why didn't you smell it first?
                                  That's one of the reasons it's shameful.

Comment

PPV, I don't often buy Liverpool shirts, although I do collect ones from places I've been. Most recently, a Hungary away shirt and a Slask Wroclaw one. Disappointingly I never found anywhere selling Malmo shirts when I was there, but seeing as beer was about £6 a pint I probably did myself a favour not getting tempted by replica shirts.

Comment

Probably on season tickets for a lower league football team.

Plus the beer money, travel and other sundries.

Comment

£190 on a pair of Versace jeans.

I kept them for years, because I was too embarrassed to do anything else with them. They went to the charity shop during the last house move, having been worn roughly 5 times in about 20 years.

Someone got an absolute fucking bargain.

Comment

I think it was me.

Comment

evilC wrote: £800 on a Roland Juno 60 with metal flightcase and a Kenton Pro III MIDI-to-DCB converter.
                                            Surely you must be hankering after one of these? (Not that I'd have a go at you for buying one.)

Comment

i spent probably 10 grand on records. The shameful part being that I haven't worked out how to get them to the same country I am in for the last seven years. The collection is awesome.

That is about as far as it goes - I don't really spend money that much.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: I think it was me.
                                                If you're still a 30" waist then congratulations.

Comment

I spent £700 on a solar telescope.
                                                  Bloody brilliant it is. And I could probably get that back if I sold it, so I'm not too fussed.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X