Damn. Bernie Mac ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

George Carlin was one thing. But Bernie Mac is now dead as well?

Is this some terrorist/neocon/NSA/Mossad/CIA/Saudi plot to kill all of our funniest people?

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

What? When? How?

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

Pneumonia.

Sounds like a relapse of his pre-existing sarcoidosis.

It really sucks.

RIP.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

he was brilliant in Bad Santa.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

This here's Pricks-Fricks.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

Oh shit!!

One of my favourite commedians. RIP.
            He was hillarious in all his movies, even the shit ones.
            Guess Who, Life, Players Club, BET, Def Comedy Jam, he is a comedy genius.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

OMG, I just read about this. I loved his sitcom. Classy guy. RIP

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

A crying, low down, rotten shame. RIP.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

The_Liquidator wrote:
                  What? When? How?
                  ...and indeed Who?

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

I just watched that Kings Of Comedy film on You Tube again, y'know, the one with Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer and, of course, Bernie Mac. As comedy, it's really not the greatest ever - loads of "white people are like this, black people are like that". And yet, I really, really warm to it - especially the bit where Steve Harvey is extolling the virtues of the old school, with soundtrack demonstrations - Earth, Wind & Fire, etc.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

What?! That was unexpected.

He was just after breaking into the peak of his career too. Shit.

RIP.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

Sad news, even though he was never my favourite actor or comedian even within his chosen genres. But even though I did not derive great enjoyment from his work, it was easy to see that he was a fine representative of his craft.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

Def Comedy Jam from back in the day.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

I think for black people, Bernie mac reminded us of our permanently drunk semi-coherent generous uncle who would always turn up at family functions and embarrass our parents by using profanity and adult references in front of the kids.

We all loved uncle Bernie (or Uncle Sule in my family) although our parents would rather he never came round but were too polite to say.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

Kind of to go along with what wingco said, I wasn't always a huge fan of his material, but his delivery was so unique and interesting--the quality of his voice--that he made it sound fresh, and it was hilarious.

Comment

Damn. Bernie Mac ?

I watched the DVD of Soul Men over the weekend. I had no expectations of it, other than seeing Mac and Hayes in their final work, but was delighted from the off with the great pastiche of late ’60s soul featuring Bernie Mac, Samuel Jackson and John Legend.

For a film with so many obvious weaknesses, I really enjoyed it, with a few genuine laugh-out-loud moments. The Lester storyline was fantastic. But what struck me was how much humanity and warmth Bernie Mac conveyed. I had not noticed that about him in the few (mostly awful) movies and trailers I had seen him in.

Hell, even Jackson was enjoyable when he transcended that tiresome "Yo fuckin' wid me muthafucka?" shtick. And even when he was dong it, in the Lester storyline.

Comment

Working...
                                X