Why doesn't God want to be seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of that burning bush shit, a loud voice from above, through visions in dreams, sending angels or splitting water.

Getting his arse down and speak without using riddles. Would it be so hard to explain stuff like Robin Williams did in Good Will Hunting and the scene on the bench?

If we presume there is one, what would be the point in not simply getting down for a chat or two throughout all this time?

Did you miss that week in catechism class?

Comment

He has come down, PPV, as a bloke called Jesus. You may have heard of him.

He looked like this

Possibly

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: He has come down, PPV, as a bloke called Jesus. You may have heard of him.

He looked like this

Possibly
        You are Captain Haddock, and I claim my £5.

Comment

I AM here, I walk among you in ways you maybe don't notice.

Just tonight I have allowed Chelsea to beat Liverpool over two legs in which they deserved to win neither, to allow you all to question the very concepts of fairness, justice and John Terry.

Comment

Look man, I saw Pedro Martinez pitch many, many times.

Comment

Maybe he's really fucking ugly.

Comment

Yeah, what, like Mo ha

Comment

G-Man wrote: Did you miss that week in catechism class?
                  I was force-fed Catholic bullshit until I was about 12, when, then my parents let it go.
                  I now understand going to church was a huge part of I being Croatian, to remain Croat, during a time when Croatia didn’t exist.
                  I have no clue what catechism is beyond putting a label on yet another Christian thing and make it most important in life, when it’s something any old fifty cent astrologist from the 17th century can do.

I so hate religion. I hate it with a passion.

Comment

I saw him the other day, on the bus. Looked a bit of a slob, frankly.

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
                      Originally posted by G-Man
                      Did you miss that week in catechism class?
                      I was force-fed Catholic bullshit until I was about 12, when, then my parents let it go.
                      I now understand going to church was a huge part of I being Croatian, to remain Croat, during a time when Croatia didn’t exist.
                      I have no clue what catechism is beyond putting a label on yet another Christian thing and make it most important in life, when it’s something any old fifty cent astrologist from the 17th century can do.

I so hate religion. I hate it with a passion.
                      Yeah, but passionate hatred is no excuse to be ignorant of the central tenets of religion; in fact, such ignorance cannot be the basis for legitimate hate. If you don't know what you hate, you engage in an unreasonable prejudice. Unless you are expressing your hate for the forms religion takes on in society, rather than religious philosophy and principles themselves.

The religion you were subjected to holds as its central tenet the incarnation of God in the form of Jesus of Nazareth. I'm a little surprised that you didn't know that.

Comment

It's a test of faith, innit?

Comment

It's all a test of faith, isn't it?

You'd think religious types would get the ache of that eventually.

Comment

God created man in his image, right?

But why has an omnipotent, omnipresent deity got legs? Or arms? What use are eyes and ears to him? Testicles? A cock? Feet? Nipples? Nasal hair?

Comment

tratorello wrote: God created man in his image, right?

But why has an omnipotent, omnipresent deity got[...]Testicles? A cock?
                              Even omnipotent, omnipresent beings get bored.

Comment

tee rex wrote: I saw him the other day, on the bus. Looked a bit of a slob, frankly.
                                Trying to make his way home?

Comment

The religion you were subjected to holds as its central tenet the incarnation of God in the form of Jesus of Nazareth. I'm a little surprised that you didn't know that.
                                  Which in itself is completely laughable, the notion that some omnipotent inventor of everything had to impregnate one of his creations with a 'son' in order to tell everyone how brilliant the dad is.
                                  Then the move to corporate status and the employment of an army of middle-men to keep the humans in touch with the creator and more middle-men to look after the finances of the corporation.

It's so funny.

Comment

Maybe he doesn't want to be seen because humanity is God's epic fail. "I'll create a race of people a bit like me to hang out with. Chill. Do a bit of gardening. Better make sure they know not to eat the fruit of that tree there... ah, bollocks."

Maybe we're lucky he wants nowt to do with us given the time he got really fed up and flooded the whole world.

Process theology suggests that God is maturing as the universe develops. Maybe these are the sullen teenage years?

Maybe he is talking to you and you aren't able to hear him?

Comment

Calvert wrote:
                                      Which in itself is completely laughable, the notion that some omnipotent inventor of everything had to impregnate one of his creations with a 'son' in order to tell everyone how brilliant the dad is.
                                      Or to try it out and see how hard it is. The whole walk a mile as a human in human shoes before judging them idea. I quite like the idea of a god who decides to impose limitations on itself and become a human.

Comment

The anthropomorphisation of God by atheists never ceases to surprise me. I thought atheists' lack of belief is supposed to be based on mature discernment.

Many atheists (Dawkins, Fry, Gervais, some of OTF) use what they imagine to be the Christian perception of God as proof of the superiority of their non-theism, when most thinking Christians would probably agree that that God doesn't exist.

Comment

I'm inclined to believe there's a God, but its just that he's turning out to be a psychotic bastard with one sick sense of humour.

Comment

You are Martin Gore and I claim my five pounds.

Comment

Hubble's found him! And he looks quite happy

Comment

ian.64 wrote: I'm inclined to believe there's a God, but its just that he's turning out to be a psychotic bastard with one sick sense of humour.

Comment

You are Martin Gore and I claim my five pounds.

They say that the way you're eating you're claiming a lot more than that.

(Runs)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X